Middle School Office Coordinator
| April 19, 2017
ABOUT GREEN DOT
Green Dot Public Schools Washington (wa.greendot.org) is dedicated to transforming educational opportunities for students across Washington State as part of a larger solution for educational equity and access for all students. Destiny Middle School is Green Dot Washington’s flagship campus located in Tacoma’s vibrant eastside neighborhood. Destiny currently serves students in grades 6-7 and will expand to include 8t h grade during 2017-18. Green Dot Washington is part of the larger Green Dot Public School network (www.greendot.org) which is the leading charter school operator in Los Angeles, one of the largest in the nation, and an important catalyst for education reform in the nation. Green Dot currently employs nearly 1,000 dedicated mission-driven personnel to serve more than 10,500 students.
Green Dot Destiny Middle School (DMS), is Green Dot Washington’s flagship campus located in Tacoma’s vibrant Eastside neighborhood. Destiny currently serves students in grades 6-7 and will expand to include 8th grade during the 2017-18 school year. Green Dot’s mission is driven by an unwavering belief in the potential of ALL students, eliminating barriers to learning and continuously striving for student success. We believe every student in every community deserves to go to a great school.
Destiny Middle School seeks a results-driven Office Coordinator to support the school’s daily operations by coordinating key activities to ensure a compliant, safe, and welcoming front office. Our ideal candidate is a highly-organized team player who operates with grace under pressure to deliver consistent service to stakeholders and provide efficient front office operations on a daily basis. This position provides a unique opportunity for a mission-driven individual to start their career in charter school operations and to impact a growing organization. Reporting to the Director of School Operations, our Office Coordinators work as a member of a three-person operations team. To learn more about what it’s like to work at Green Dot Washington, please click here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Front Office Operations:
- Maintain a well-organized, clean, and welcoming front office environment and reception area for families and visitors.
- Manage front office phones and distribute messages, transfer calls; and respond to messages left on school voicemail.
- Manage visitor and check-in system and ensure compliance with visitor policy,
- Manage student entrance in front office (discipline, medical, emergencies, etc) and ensure students follow school-wide behavior expectations.
- Maintain equipment to ensure all copy machines, printers, and postage machines are always functional and supplies including toner, staples and paper are in stock.
- Coordinate distribution of loaner supplies and equipment (substitute laptops, student uniforms, etc) and ensure inventory and check-out processes are in place.
- Maintain front-office supply inventory and manage the online-ordering system.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and shipments and assist in assembling mailers such as report cards, newsletters and attendance letters, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Student Information and Reporting:
- Manage Student Information System and maintain all electronic records; enter student enrollment data, update student information, and process student data for exits/withdrawals.
- Oversee intake of tardy students and coordinate check-out procedures for early dismissal; reconcile student records to reflect changes in attendance; follow up with parents on attendance discrepancies.
- Verify classroom attendance, communicate attendance errors to teachers, and report daily student attendance data to administrators.
- Manage intake and on-going maintenance of student cumulative folders, including processing records requests for entering/exiting students; ensure new students have submitted all required enrollment documentation.
- Coordinate with Special Populations Administrator when enrolling new students with IEPs, 504 Plans, or ELL students.
- File and maintain student records in accordance with federal, state, and authorizer compliance regulations, as well as school-based policies to ensure confidentiality.
- Support new student recruitment and enrollment processes as needed.
Purchasing and Inventory:
- Order supplies and manage on-going supply orders for the school by processing requisitions, reconciling deliveries and maintaining supply inventory.
- Assist in managing uniform sales; manage the uniform inventory and loaner supplies.
- Follow procedures for maintaining school assets (office supplies, uniforms, technology, books) and ensure assets are properly stored and secured.
- Understand and follow all finance and accounting policies regards cash collection and deposits (uniform sales, meal balance, field trips, etc.)
- Assist in troubleshooting facility related issues by raising work orders and communicating to janitorial staff.
- Manage facility vendor key check-out system to coordinate building access as needed.
- Ensure shared spaces are clean and well-organized (i.e.: teacher lounge, printer, staff mailboxes).
- Participate in facility walk-throughs as requested.
- Communicate all changes in student pickup locations to the transportation provider and communicate changes in route times to students and their families in a timely manner.
- Document transportation concerns from families and communicate any complaints to Director of School Operations.
School Nutrition Program:
- Assist in collecting and processing meal applications needed to identify students free and reduced lunch status.
- Collect money for student meal balance payments and provide receipts for each transaction.
- Assist with lunch, breakfast, and snack service as needed.
Student Health and Safety:
- Collect and maintain required health information such as emergency cards, immunization paperwork, medication documentation.
- Manage the state student immunization database in conjunction with the school Nurse.
- Attend and respond to non-emergency student health needs and injuries.
- Understand school safety procedures and participate in school-wide drills as Safety Team member.
State & Federal Compliance
- Ensure compliance requirements are completed on time.
- Provide student data upon request and participate in audits as necessary. Team Engagement:
- Participate in Green Dot and individual professional development programs.
- Participate in other events aimed at promoting or developing Green Dot and its schools
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (required).
- A minimum of 1 year administrative support experience in an office; prior experience working with underserved communities, families and/or students (strongly preferred).
- Commitment to Green Dot’s mission and the communities we serve.
- Exceptional relationship building and customer service skills; effectively communicates verbally and in writing with diverse stakeholders including teachers, families, and students.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, comfortable learning new technology systems & programs.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-energy environment with the ability to balance competing priorities without sacrificing quality of service.
- Evidence of personal responsibility to meet goals; proactive problem-solver with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and execute with urgency.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated initiative with the desire to grow as a professional.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Positive attitude with humility, sense of humor, and integrity.
- Bilingual in written and verbal Spanish language preferred.
Green Dot Public Schools Washington strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of students at Destiny Middle School.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted and we hire on a rolling basis. We are looking to fill this role immediately.