| April 19, 2017
ABOUT GREEN DOT
Green Dot Public Schools Washington (wa.greendot.org) is dedicated to transforming educational opportunities for students across Washington State as part of a larger solution for educational equity and access for all students. Green Dot Washington is part of the larger Green Dot Public School network (www.greendot.org) which is a leading charter school operator in Los Angeles, one of the largest in the nation, and an important catalyst for education reform. Green Dot’s mission is to transform public education so that every student can graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life. We achieve this mission by running a high performing network of 23 secondary schools in academically underserved communities in Washington State, Los Angeles and Memphis. Our academic model is designed to create small, safe, high-performing learning environments that meet individual student needs. Learn more about our work in Los Angeles and Memphis here.
Several of our California high schools have been recognized as “America’s Best” by Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report. In 2014, more than two-thirds (67.3%) of Green Dot California graduates completed the "A-G" course requirements needed to be considered “college-ready” by the University of California system. This college-ready graduation rate far exceeds the statewide average of 39.4%.
ABOUT GREEN DOT WASHINGTON
Green Dot Public Schools is transforming education in Washington State. Destiny Charter Middle School, in Tacoma’s Eastside neighborhood, opened in August 2015 with a founding class of 6t h graders and in 2017-18 will reach capacity serving 6t h – 8t h grade. Green Dot Washington is preparing for the launch of its new Seattle middle school which will open in August 2017, and Seattle high school in 2018-19. Lastly, we are in the process of bringing Excel Public Charter School, which serves 7t h – 9t h grade in Kent, WA, into the Green Dot network by fall 2017-18. In order to support these efforts, Green Dot is building a Washington Home Office that will provide unparalleled support to its schools, develop relationships with community and family stakeholders, and grow strategic relationships with various statewide educational districts, agencies and nonprofit organizations. Green Dot Washington works in partnership with Green Dot’s national office in Los Angeles and regional Memphis office to provide supports to its schools.
The Green Dot Washington Human Capital team is seeking an innovative, mission-driven Talent Recruiter to join the growing Human Capital (HC) team. The HC team is responsible for cultivating and selecting high-quality, mission-aligned teachers, leaders and support staff to join the Green Dot Washington team at all levels of the organization. The Talent Recruiter will serve as an ambassador for Green Dot Washington by working closely with the Human Capital & Human Resources Manager to execute and oversee a rigorous hiring process and provide strong administrative support to ensure that Green Dot Washington is staffed with the very best teachers and leaders. Through effective data-driven talent strategy, the Talent Recruiter will have the opportunity to impact the greatest determining factor of student success: the quality of teachers and leaders in the organization.
The Talent Recruiter will also be part of a founding Home Office team in Washington dedicated to building a network that provides the opportunity for all students to access the path to college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize research-based practices and strategies to cultivate prospective candidates for all roles
- Serve as Green Dot’s point of contact for local and national hiring and recruitment events
- Create and lead outreach efforts to inform prospective candidates about opportunities at Green Dot Washington and build a robust candidate pipeline
- Attend career fairs targeted at high profile candidates
- Conduct networking and outreach with undergraduate and graduate schools, service organizations and affinity groups to build Green Dot Washington’s reputation and visibility
- Collaborate with network stakeholders to market Green Dot Washington in a competitive and professional manner
- Conduct ongoing market and organizational analyses to inform overall recruitment strategy and execution
- Cultivate and strengthen national and local recruitment partnership
- Post job descriptions on all relevant platforms
- Research and implement advertising for open roles
- Cultivate candidates through phone and in-person meetings and other strategies as designed by the team
- Screen initial applications and select high quality applicants
- Conduct phone interviews to identify top talent to move forward to next-round interviews
- Review video interviews
- Create welcoming, comprehensive, and efficient application experience for all candidates
- Ensure exceptional levels of customer service with external and internal candidates by being transparent, warm and responsive at all times
- Coordinate with network leaders and appropriate stakeholders to schedule final interview days for all candidates
- Manage candidate communication prior to and after final interviews to ensure candidates have essential information and receive offers or rejections in a timely manner
- Answer all candidate questions and inquiries
- Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for candidates by building strong relationships with school leaders, teachers and non-instructional staff
- Plan and execute hiring days for teachers and leaders
- Manage new hire on-boarding communication through Green Dot Washington’s HR Information System, Workday
- Monitor and enforce new hire credentialing processes and status
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of hiring systems and data acquisition
- Collect and analyze hiring and retention data to inform planning and decision-making
- Assist new hires in the transition to Green Dot Washington
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (required)
- At least 2 years of teaching experience or relevant work in an urban school setting (required)
- Strong belief in Green Dot’s mission to serve all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, income or learning ability, and a deep desire to recruit individuals who share that belief (required)
- Recruitment experience in an urban school or nonprofit setting (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of the public and charter school landscape in Washington State
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including a demonstrated ability to present effectively and persuasively to diverse groups
- Strong customer-service based approach to recruiting and relationship building
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and/or reliable transportation as this role requires work across the State
- Ability to travel locally and out of state with out of state travel at least 4-5 times per year
Green Dot Public Schools Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all its students.
We are looking to fill this role immediately. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we hire on a rolling basis.