Pinnacles Prep invites individuals with a passion for community organizing and education innovation to apply for the position of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Coordinator. This is a unique opportunity to have a deep impact on a new, mission-driven charter public school that believes that all students in our region can become the future engineers, conservationists, agricultural leaders, and creators of the Wenatchee Valley. The FACE Coordinator is the first point of contact for families and community; leading our student recruitment and enrollment efforts to ensure that the school is robustly enrolled and able to thrive. This position is so much more than just recruitment/enrollment; it also includes some operations management, afterschool programming, supporting family-school relationships and wraparound services for students. Opportunities for growth for ambitious, high-performing individuals include consideration for a future Dean of Students position. Pending authorization by the WA State Charter School Commission, this job starts August 1, 2020.
ABOUT PINNACLES PREP
Pinnacles Prep is deeply committed to our mission of cultivating curious, confident, and self-directed students that lead and succeed in college, career, and their communities; with the vision of our graduates becoming the leaders who drive our Valley’s future forward–making it a thriving economic, scientific, and artistic hub for the 21st century.
Our school is intentionally small so that every student is known by name, strength, and need. All students are guided by an individualized learning plan and mentored by a caring adult. Our school community is rooted in high expectations, and our EPIC core values:
- Equity: We believe in a school culture that celebrates equity and inclusion for all.
- Perseverance: We believe perseverance leads to resilience which builds agency and empowerment.
- Inquiry: We believe curiosity creates ideas and ideas lead to innovation and problem-solving.
- Collaboration: We believe collaboration leads to change we want to see in our school, community, and world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FACE COORDINATOR
- Develop and execute Pinnacles Prep’s recruitment and enrollment strategy including creating a sustainable recruitment and enrollment system, ensuring compliance with current enrollment policies, managing application processes (lottery and waiting lists), and hosting recruitment and enrollment events
- Design all outreach collateral needed to support recruitment activities including, but not limited to: flyers, posters, newsletters, press releases, and social media
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision, values, and academic program
- Translate all outreach collateral into both English and Spanish to reach all Pinnacles Prep families
- Build relationships and collaborate with community partners to support recruitment efforts
- Partner with Principal to organize student summer orientation, home visits, and parent empowerment workshops
- Support all staff to ensure they are well-equipped to foster deep relationships with the families of our students.
- Serve as the first point of contact, representing Pinnacles Prep by answering phones, greeting visitors, and handling a wide variety of family and student concerns in a professional manner
- Cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships with students, families, staff, social services agencies, and community partners to engender trust and deliver results
- Serve as a mentor to a group of 10 students, facilitate their individualized learning plans, deliver social and emotional learning curriculum, and communicate weekly with families
- Create and lead professional development for students, staff, and families on social services, student recruitment, and school culture as needed
- Build and cultivate the Pinnacles Prep Parent and Student Advisory Councils and other systems that allow for meaningful student and parent input
- Plans and attends all out-of-school community building events with families and community partners
- Generate in-kind resources for the social emotional needs and enrichment of our students
- Manage marketing, social media, press releases, and communication with community
- Design and administer a communications survey with families
- Create and distribute school wide newsletters
- As a member of leadership team, work closely with the principal and Director of Operations and fill in where needed to ensure smooth school operations
- Active member of day-to-day running of the school, including arrival, hallway, lunch/recess
- Help create and refine systems to help the school run smoothly
- Partner with staff on field study planning for students, which includes securing transportation, packing lunches, making sure that students have all medications, and teachers have all logistics
- Support enrichment and dismissal duties
- Design and implement all out-of-school (after school, weekend, summertime) supplemental programming
- Work with staff and board on community fundraising events
- Host and schedule school tours
- Coordinate and/or provide interpretation and translation for teachers and staff at all school events
- Growth mindset, and belief that all students can learn at high-levels
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with adults and students alike–friendly, compassionate and a sense of humor!
- Committed to practices that elevate and celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills in English and Spanish
- Proven experience in planning and implementing results-based community organizing efforts
- Enthusiasm to work a flexible schedule and to attend events on evenings and weekends
- Strong technology skills and ability to adapt quickly and learn new technology; including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, and social media applications.
- 5+ years relevant experience leading projects or programs in a diverse community
Starting salary for this position is $50,000-$60,000. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan.
Please submit an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2020. The application should include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Pinnacles Prep. Pinnacles Prep prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Please contact Jill Fineis, Principal, email@example.com.