Pinnacles Prep invites passionate individuals with a background in school operations to apply for the position of Director of Operations (DOO). This is a unique opportunity to have a deep impact on a new, mission-driven charter public school that believes that all students in our region can become the future engineers, conservationists, agricultural leaders, and creators of the Wenatchee Valley. The DOO is a vital member of the school leadership team and manages all non-instructional school functions. The DOO will lead all planning and compliance efforts including facility readiness, classroom setup, technology/supplies procurement and setup, breakfast and lunch procurement, transportation, state and federal compliance, and staff orientation/onboarding.
Our ideal candidate has a strong background in operational systems, continuous improvement, finance, and team management. They must be a self-directed problem solver, enjoy being part of a collaborative team, and thrive in finding solutions to complex operational and financial issues. This is a unique opportunity for a highly-organized dynamic leader who enjoys planning for and executing operations that will positively impact student outcomes and success. Pending authorization by the WA State Charter School Commission, this job starts October 1, 2020 and Pinnacles Prep will open to students in grades 6-7 in August of 2021.
ABOUT PINNACLES PREP
Pinnacles Prep is deeply committed to our mission of cultivating curious, confident, and self-directed students that lead and succeed in college, career, and their communities; with the vision of our graduates becoming the leaders who drive our Valley’s future forward–making it a thriving economic, scientific, and artistic hub for the 21st century.
Our school is intentionally small so that every student is known by name, strength, and need. All students are guided by an individualized learning plan and mentored by a caring adult. Our school community is rooted in high expectations, and our EPIC core values:
- Equity: We believe in a school culture that celebrates equity and inclusion for all
- Perseverance: We believe perseverance leads to resilience which builds agency and empowerment.
- Inquiry: We believe curiosity creates ideas and ideas lead to innovation and problem-solving
- Collaboration: We believe collaboration leads to change we want to see in our school, community, and world
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership Team Member:
- Works with the school principal and administrative staff to create and maintain an exceptional organizational culture by building strong relationships, finding solutions to problems, and holding others accountable to systems
- Assumes all leadership duties in absence of principal
- In partnership with the school principal, develops the school-wide operations vision that supports the academic and cultural vision of the school
- Participates in the leadership team’s strategic and annual planning and budgeting processes
- Oversees and evaluates the Family and Community Engagement Coordinator and the Office Manager
- Oversees the school’s facility including signage, aesthetics, shared space coordination, and building safety
- Manages routine maintenance requests for school in Pinnacles Prep Prep’s work order system, ensuring maintenance, janitorial and landscape services are properly carried out
- Oversees the upkeep of the school’s facilities and coordinates school facility projects
- Performs regular preventative maintenance walkthroughs with custodial staff and provides training to school staff to manage issues immediately
- Ensures the main office is organized and welcoming and contains all pertinent parent materials
Financial Management and Purchasing:
- Serves as the lead contact for the back-office financial services provider, including but not limited to:
- Reviews monthly financial variance reports from the back-office provider to support the Principal with budget management
- Managing relationship with back-office provider to ensure all payables and receivables, cash receipts, deposits, credit card reconciliations, and staff expense reimbursements are handled in a timely manner
- Ensure adherence to financial policies in coordination with Pinnacles staff and Board
- Purchasing and Logistics: Manages all vendor relationships and oversees procurement for the school including approving orders and coordinating annual purchasing including technology, furniture, and curriculum, as well as maintaining an inventory for asset management. Oversees all shipping/receiving responsibilities, including and tracks all supplies, materials, and assets
- Coordinates with all financial parties regarding the school’s annual audit and 990 IRS filing
State & Federal Compliance:
- Acts as the point of contact for the school on all compliance-related data requests
- Ensures, in coordination with back-office provider, processes are in place to monitor compliance with state and federal regulations for school operations and meets all compliance deadlines. (e.g., Free and Reduced Lunch, Special Education, monthly enrollment count, immunizations, Titles I-V, teacher certification, safety, fire drill coordination, health, fingerprinting, software compliance, COBRA letters, student lottery, annual Sexual Harassment seminar)
- Works with back office provider to manage all payroll responsibilities including relationship with payroll service, electronic payroll processing, W-2 and 1099 distribution, time sheet management
- Develops, in partnership with back-office provider, a system to track all paid time off (PTO) (vacation, sick, personal, jury duty, bereavement, excused absences for professional development)
- Oversees all aspects of the School Nutrition Program including managing food servers, coordinating with meal vendor, maintaining accurate data tracking for meal reimbursement, and ensuring food safety standards and federal compliance requirements are observed
- Manages ordering process to minimize food waste and ensure meal program financial health.
- Oversees annual lunch application process including the distribution and collection of free and reduced lunch forms, coordination of the income verification process, and accurate data input of students’ lunch status into the student information system
- Manages the logistics of meal delivery (breakfast, lunch, snacks) including cafeteria schedules and routines
- Oversees all aspects of student transportation including vendor management, arrival and dismissal procedures, and staff duty schedules
- Coordinates the school’s transportation services to ensure eligible students receive transportation in a safe, reliable, and cost-efficient manner
- Maintains accurate transportation records including bus stop locations, route times, and student ridership counts
- Ensures that all transportation issues and complaints are documented, and parent concerns are resolved as soon as possible. Manages field trip and after-school transportation logistics
- Contracts out tech support and oversees technology including hardware inventory, software licenses, phone system, and technology support
- Creates distribution system for staff and student use
- Keeps record of signed staff and student technology agreements
Student Health and Safety:
- Manages school safety processes including emergency preparation, safety drills, and staff training, ensuring compliance with state and county mandates
- Oversees school visitor and volunteer procedures to ensure safety of all students
- Oversees student health requirements and liaises with contracted nurse and other health service providers to ensure student health needs are met
- Desire to learn and develop new skills
- Comfortable in an ambiguous, fast-moving, start-up environment with a drive towards clarity, solutions, and sustainability
- Successful non-profit or for-profit management and leadership experience in a similar environment.
- A demonstrated passion for improving K-12 public education; prior experience working with underserved communities, families and/or students preferred
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit; willingness to do whatever it takes to meet goals and get the job done
- Strong analytical and project management skills, with a deep attention to detail coupled with the ability to think critically, problem-solve complex questions, and identify solutions
- Demonstrated success in improving the effectiveness of an operation
- Ability to create and implement internal systems across multiple functional areas and manage various stakeholder relationships
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite; proven aptitude in learning new computer programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Starting salary for this position is $65,000-$75,000. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan.
Please submit an application by email to email@example.com by July 31, 2020. The application should include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Pinnacles Prep. Pinnacles Prep prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Please contact Jill Fineis, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.