ABOUT RAINIER VALLEY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY:
Rainier Valley Leadership Academy is a public, tuition-free, charter school, providing an anti-racist collaborative community and rigorous education, while providing access to civic leadership and college success for all scholars in Seattle. RVLA will serve grades 6-12 in the Seattle Community. We respect and celebrate the wealth and vitality of the ethnic and cultural traditions that thrive in our neighborhood. Our mission is to put every child on the path to success in college and career, leadership, and life.
We integrate college and career-ready and hands-on instruction to expose all scholars to a variety of authentic experiences. Our teachers use data driven collection to meet scholar needs and differentiation. We use common planning time and collaborative team time to analyze data to inform instruction. We provide a teacher mentor for every scholar, and focus on personalized learning.
RVLA boasts a highly-qualified and diverse faculty and staff that not only have excellent educational credentials, but also bring to the school community many years of dedication to scholar success and passion for our mission. Our small school community allows adults to know each other and every scholar by name, strength and need. We pride ourselves on building and maintaining close relationships with each other, our community, scholars and families.
This position assists in the day-to-day operations of RVLA’s after-school program, ensuring that scholars are in a safe, well-supervised environment that provides them with a well-designed academic and enrichment program.
RVLA is looking for a high energy assistant with skills to help implement and sustain after-school programming at Rainier Valley Leadership Academy. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, preferably in an after-school program setting, as well as having some experience entering reliable information for compliance tracking.
The After-School Program Assistant must be a consummate team player and creative problem solver, who will be able to work effectively with diverse audiences. A sincere commitment to serving low-income scholars is mandatory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support after-school program at Rainier Valley Leadership Academy;
- Ensure RVLA remains compliant with all 21st CCLC grant requirements;
- Track participation numbers in EZ Reports;
- Support quarterly School Advisory Committee meetings to review program performance and /strategize necessary adjustments;
- Support managing positive relationships with After School Providers and substitute when needed
- Attend trainings across the State of Washington throughout the year, some of them running several days and requiring overnight stays.
This employer strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential.
- Experience working with an after-school program preferred.
- Experience working in South Seattle or familiarity with communities we serve preferred.
- Dependability, humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to RVLA’s anti-racist mission and the communities we serve.
Compensation and current Roles Available:
|Title||Compensation Rate||Status||FTE Equivalent||Estimated Weekly Hours||Benefit Eligibility|
|Program Assistant I||$18.00||PT||.625||25 hrs||Yes|
|Program Assistant I||$15.00
*Does not have additional administrative duties only programmatic needs
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.