WHO WE ARE
Pinnacles Prep believes that ALL students, regardless of background, deserve a meaningful education in a culture where every student matters. We are deeply committed to our mission of cultivating curious, confident, and self-directed students that lead and succeed in college, career, and their communities; with the vision of our graduates becoming the leaders who drive our Valley’s future forward–making it a thriving economic, scientific, and artistic hub for the 21st century. Our school is grounded in the following essential characteristics, which shape the Pinnacles Prep experience for our faculty, students, and families. Our school is small by design. We know every student by name, story, strength, and need.
We have high expectations: Our EPIC core values guide us:
- Equity | creates a school culture that celebrates equity and inclusion for all
- Purpose | creates a school culture where scholars design and build the lives that we want.
- Integrity | creates an intentional culture of humility and excellence
- Collaboration | leads to change we want to see in our school, community, and world
We are intentionally diverse: Pinnacles Prep’s students, staff and board is intentionally diverse. We come from different backgrounds and experiences in order to be reflective of the collective diversity of our student body and community. Our staff validates and reflects the multiple identities, intersectionalities and experiences of our students.
We value context over content: Students engage in 9-week, place-based interdisciplinary projects rooted in the Wenatchee Valley, with a community partner. These projects apply the standards and competencies students are learning in their foundational courses.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have an asset-based mindset: You see every student, their background and story as an asset to our school community.
- You are committed anti-oppression work: You seek to dismantle oppressive school systems and structures.
- You authentically value relationships: You look forward to communicating with parents and scholars
- You have love kids AND have high expectations for all: Your love and empathy don’t preclude you from ensuring students meet their growth goals.
- You are excited by Pinnacles Prep’s Mission and Vision: You believe that ALL students can be fully ready for college, career and to engage with their community.
- You have a growth mindset: You thrive on feedback so you can grow
- You are passionate about student voice and choice in a Democratic Classroom: You believe that students are all leaders who should have ownership of their learning and play an active role in our community.
- You are a data geek: You use data to drive decisions to drive continuous improvement.
- You love to collaborate: You are craving work with teachers outside of your content area on interdisciplinary projects, because you value context over your content.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of School, Pinnacles Prep’s Assistant Principal (AP) is a member of the school’s administrative team. The AP leads school culture aligned to Pinnacles Prep’s EPIC values, for scholars, staff, and families. The AP is responsible for creating and implementing schoolwide systems related to fostering a supportive student culture and for related record-keeping. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and implement school-wide behavior management system
- Lead recognition assemblies, incentive field trips, community meetings and other school culture building activities
- Provide engaging, motivating and measurable staff professional development on classroom management strategies and record-keeping in partnership with the Principal
- Conduct daily school culture walk-throughs
- Monitor and support daily lunch and recess
- Harassment, Intimidation, or Bullying Coordinator
- Facilitate restorative justice meetings
- Monitor and analyze daily student attendance and discipline data; create new systems and structures to proactively address areas of need
- Manage school safety plan in partnership with the Director of Operations
- Manage onboarding of students that start after start of school year
- Co-lead morning staff huddles
- Lead the onboarding of staff and execution of after-school and enrichment programs, when applicable
- Coordinate and lead Scholar Advisory Council
- Coordinate and lead Diversity, Equity and Inclusion study team
INSTRUCTIONAL COACHING AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Shares ownership of the success of scholars and teachers across all subject areas.
- Develop strong relationships with parents and scholars, creating investment in school culture and academics.
- Supports the teacher improvement cycle, daily observation, in-the-moment and written feedback, curriculum planning sessions, data meetings, and formal professional development.
- Supports strong teacher execution of high quality curricula, including unit plans, lesson plans and assessments aligned to Common Core standards.
- Create and lead professional development sessions at the school on culturally-relevant pedagogy for leaders and teachers.
- Support systems to ensure teachers drive academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
PARENT & FAMILY COORDINATION
- Partner with parents and families to build an authentic school community
- Coordinate parent/family meetings in partnership with Principal
- Coordinate parent academies based on community feedback
- Lead parent and family engagement federal compliance
- Collaborate with Principal on regular parent communications from the school
MULTI-TIERED SYSTEM OF SUPPORTS OVERSIGHT
- Lead weekly Scholar Success Team meetings
- Oversee the delivery and fidelity of interventions in all 3 domains (academic, behavior and social/emotional)
- Manage the Learning Assistance Program
- Partner with Principal to analyze the effectiveness of school-wide Tier I supports and identify adjustments as needed
- Serve as coordinator of McKinney-Vento and Civil Rights programs
- Serves as the Test Administrator for all MAP, WIDA, and State Assessments
- Ensure prompt and correct submission of all reports related to behavior
- Ensure prompt and correct submission of all reports related to the Learning Assistance Program
- Ensure prompt and correct submission of all reports related to federal compliance of Family and Community Engagement
- Collaborate with Principal and Special Education Specialist to ensure compliance between discipline policies and procedures and special education requirements
Our ideal Assistant Principal of Pinnacles Prep will have an unwavering belief that our students can achieve at an exceptionally high level. Beyond that, a successful candidate will have:
- Current WA State Teacher and Principal certifications
- At least 2 years experience as an Assistant Principal
- Experience with supporting and facilitating Multi-tiered systems of support structures
- Long-term aspirations to become a principal
- A proven record of successfully leading projects, taking on increased responsibility and inspiring teams at work and in the community
- A high level of organization and resourcefulness, with a keen ability to be on top of the day-to-day management of a school
- A strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, and delegate swiftly to manage others to execution
- A proven ability to coach adults towards exceptional instructional outcomes
- A demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively such that expectations are clear, timelines are delineated, and excellence is defined
- An ability to solve complex problems analytically and enthusiastically
- Spanish speakers and people of the Global Majority are strongly encouraged to apply
The salary for this position is $85,000-$95,000, depending on your experience. All employees receive a full benefits package, and enrollment into the WA SEBB program.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references by email to
email@example.com by May 31, 2022.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Pinnacles Prep. Pinnacles Prep prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Please contact Jill Fineis, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.