Summit Public Schools is seeking a Community Engagement Manager to build and deepen relationships with families of current and prospective students.
The Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for working with school admin teams to ensure that we operate our schools at full capacity and serve diverse student populations while engaging parents authentically as valued members of our school community and developing them into champions of our work.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who isn’t afraid to take initiative and able to build strong and enduring relationships. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented, result-driven professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate awareness and engagement from prospective families and organizations in local communities
- Develop deep understanding of communities where we work
- Build and deepen relationships with nearby neighborhood schools and local community organizations
- Lead initiatives to generate awareness in local communities including but not limited to direct mail, flyering, door hanging, canvassing at community events
- Manage programs to generate and promote referrals among families
- Manage recruitment systems to track interest and applications from prospective families
- Research community events and coordinate involvement from Summit faculty members
- Develop marketing materials and other written communication for prospective students and families
- Manage outreach and follow up with prospective families
- Organize parent and student ambassadors to support recruitment
- Manage tours and student shadow days
- Plan, prepare and execute school based recruitment events such as open houses
- Translate communications for our prospective students and families
- Support collection and analysis of data to determine effectiveness of initiatives and drive continuous improvement
- Plan and execute lotteries; this includes maintaining basic knowledge of lottery rules in charter petition
- Monitor progress to goal for enrollment targets and collaborate with school admin team to ensure school is fully enrolled
- Collect and analyze recruitment and enrollment data to inform planning and assess activity effectiveness
- Manage registration and enrollment for new families
- Manage re-enrollment for returning families and ensure all forms are completed by the first day of school
- Manage student enrollment data and systems
- Plan and execute enrollment events including mandatory registration days
- Manage parent events including but not limited to back to school night and fall and spring parent teacher events, ensuring strong parent participation
- Manage parent volunteer program, parent ambassador program and/or other local parent groups
- Identify and recruit parent leaders for advocacy, e.g., town halls, voter registration drives
- Coordinate annual parent survey and drive toward 100% parent participation
- Coordinate important parent meetings, e.g., truancy/attendance meetings
- Coordinate important household communication, e.g., English language determination letters, intent to enroll forms, summer mailer packets
- Translate communications for our current families
- Coordinate parent engagement for charter renewal initiatives and support engagement with key stakeholders, e.g., authorizers and local boards, to ensure compliance and help maintain strong community relationships
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Prior community engagement, operations and/or project management experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in middle or high schools is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Flexibility to attend 2-3 evening and weekend events per month.
- Clear health and background check.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.