We are seeking a talented, entrepreneurial, operational leader to be the Dean of Operations of Rainier Valley Leadership Academy. The DoO manages all non-instructional functions of the school enabling the Principal and other instructional staff to focus on scholar achievement. The ideal candidate will lead with a desire to foster high levels of operational achievement, provide an anti-racist and collaborative community framework to ensure the wellbeing of middle and high school scholars as the DoO of Rainier Valley Leadership Academy (RVLA) in Seattle, WA.
The Dean of Operations serves as the school’s operational leader and works collaboratively with the school academic leadership team to help build an ant-racist long term vision to achieve the schools mission, possessing a passion for excellence and growing a world class team of educators who deeply believe in their capacity to prepare scholars for the college or career of their choice.
Our ideal candidate is operational focused and utilizes innovative, data driven, anti-racistl practices to engage, connect and build relationships with scholars and their families to foster educational success byway of ensuring efficiency in non-instructional areas. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about having a long term commitment to joining the RVLA community and wants to lead a community-centered school driven to dismantle systemic oppression through the unit of the school. It is essential that this person works collaboratively and has a sense of grace in all things as the world turns extremely fast in school operations and requires someone who can see the humor and humanity in challenges.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at RVLA, please visit: myrvla.org
ABOUT RAINIER VALLEY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY:
Vision: Rainier Valley Leadership Academy is an anti-racist collaborative community of critical thinkers focused on dismantling systemic oppression through scholar leadership.
Mission: We fulfill our vision by ensuring scholars are college and career ready by providing an anti-racist education, opportunities for collaborative problem solving, and community leadership experiences.
Rainier Valley Leadership Academy is a tuition-free, public charter school, providing an anti-racist collaborative community and rigorous education, while providing access to civic leadership and college and career success for all scholars in Seattle. RVLA serves grades 6-12 in the Seattle Community. We respect and celebrate the wealth and vitality of the ethnic and cultural traditions that thrive in our neighborhood and seek opportunities to partner with our community to provide a more robust learning environment.
We integrate college and career-ready hands-on instruction to expose all scholars to a variety of authentic experiences. Our teachers use data driven collection to meet scholar needs and differentiation. We use common planning time and collaborative team time to analyze data to inform instruction. We provide a teacher mentor for every scholar, and focus on personalized learning.
RVLA boasts a highly-qualified and diverse faculty and staff that not only have excellent educational credentials, but also bring to their classrooms many years of dedication to scholar success and passion for our mission. Our small school community allows adults to know each and every scholar by name, strength and need. We pride ourselves on building and maintaining close relationships with scholars and families.Our academic model is based around a college and career going culture with high expectations and high support, including acceleration and intervention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day to Day School Operations
- Manage day to day operations of the school
- Track, maintain and coordinate staff coverage needs
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to ensure successful opening and closing of the facility and all the parts n between on a daily basis
- Manages school operations team; sets both performance and development goals for the Office Manager and Operations Assistant; collaborates with the operations staff learning community to ensure best practices are being upheld
Finance and Purchasing
- Oversees procurement and purchasing for the school including placing orders, inventorying items received and handling returns/exchanges. Manages cash receipts, deposits, payroll, staff reimbursement forms and substitute teacher tracking;
- Coordinates with RVLA’s Finance & Accounting Team to ensure effective implementation of financial policies; provides assistance to the Principal with budget management
Scholar Information and Reporting
- Manages the scholar information system and attendance reporting and intervention process;
- Coordinates with regards to data audits and reporting;
- Ensures confidentiality and security of files and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community
School Nutrition Program
- Oversee School Nutrition Program operations to ensure program compliance, including PoS system management, audit preparation, meal eligibility, document collection food safety standards and accurate meal participation
- Oversees annual lunch application process including the distribution and collection of free and reduced lunch forms or income surveys, coordination of the income verification process, and accurate data inputs of scholars’ lunch status into the student information system
- Manage the logistics of meal delivery (breakfast, lunch, snacks) including cafeteria schedules and routines
- Complete the annual training and reporting required by OSPI and USDA for meal program compliance
- Manages day to day and operation of the school’s facility including janitorial oversight, safety plans and routine maintenance. Oversees the upkeep of the school’s facilities and coordinates school facility projects
- Reviews and oversees routine maintenance requests for school ensuring maintenance, janitorial and pest control services are properly carried out;
- Performs daily walk-throughs to ensure facility is clean and ready for scholar learning
- Develop and monitors system for tracking routine maintenance request from staff
- Maintains school’s asset inventory list and oversees annual review of process
Scholar Health and Safety:
- Manages school safety processes and compliance
- Coordinates, leads and administers trainings, coordinating drills and safety audits and liaising with security vendors
- partners with Principal to respond to emergencies
- Manage and lead on all aspects of scholar transportation including routing determination, arrival and dismissal procedures, family communication and ridership compliance reporting
- Support with field trip coordination for transportation and school nutrition
Other duties as assigned and mutually agreed upon. Hey, we’re a collaborative community afterall
RVLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
Compensation for this role is $77,029 with room for growth as you grow your career with Rainier Valley Leadership Academy. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of scholars in Seattle.
If interested in this position, please email your resume and an engaging and compelling letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we interview and hire on a rolling basis. The start date for this position is January 3, 2022.
RVLA does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights, 504 and Title IX Coordinator: Chastity Catchings, (206) 659-0956, email@example.com, 6020 Rainier Ave. South Seattle, WA 98118.