Visit impactps.org/careers for a full job description and to apply today.
Impact Public Schools (IPS) invites passionate individuals with a background in communications to apply for the position of Director of Communications located in the South Puget Sound region (in and around Seattle, WA).
Being a part of the Impact team is a unique opportunity. We are deeply committed to achieving our mission of preparing a diverse population of students to succeed in college and impact communities as the next generation of equity-driven, innovative leaders. Our schools are small, tightly-knit families where every child is known, guided by an individual learning plan and loved by an adult mentor. Our strong community is rooted in high expectations, joy and exudes our core values:
- Bold Ambitions – We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
- Brave Solidarity – Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
- Team WA – All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
- Everyone Grows – We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
- Play Big – We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
- Intention – In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
The Director of Communications is responsible for proactively telling the IPS story, building and supporting the IPS brand, showcasing how public charter schools are a key part of public education in WA, drafting internal and external messaging, and managing the website, print materials and social media across the organization. The Director of Communications reports to the CEO and works closely with principals, Director of Outreach, and home office leaders.