Rainier Prep is seeking an exceptional Business Manager who wants to be part of creating an excellent school that will deliver radically different results for students who have the most obstacles to a college degree. This position requires a self-motivated, collaborative professional who has proven ability to successfully work with diverse stakeholders, create effective communication, and manage comprehensive systems, policies, and procedures. The Business Manager will administer a financial operation with integrity, clear and open communication, fairness and an understanding of the needs and
interests of a diverse community. The Business Manager influences organizational culture by working well with Rainier Prep’s leadership, the Board of Directors, and all Rainier Prep staff and nurtures a financial operation with clear goals and high standards. The Business Manager must be wholly committed to Rainier Prep’s mission. This person will thrive in a demanding and team-oriented culture. The Business Manager reports to the Director of
Finance and Operations.
ABOUT RAINIER PREP
Rainier Prep is a rigorous college preparatory 5th – 8th public charter school located on the border of South Seattle and Burien, WA. We believe in the inherent capacity of every student to succeed in a college prep environment. Rainier Prep aims to achieve radically different outcomes for students who experience the most obstacles to college degrees and representation in leadership positions. Rainier Prep opened its doors for the first time in the fall of 2015. Modeled on some of the highest performing charter schools around the country, Rainier Prep’s outstanding faculty and staff are transforming the expected educational outcomes for low income, students of color and immigrant students, committing to college and career readiness for each of our
students. Rainier Prep’s budget is $4.8 million annually.
The Business Manager will administer a financial operation with integrity, clear and open communication, fairness and an understanding of the needs and interests of a diverse community. The Business Manager influences organizational culture by working well with Rainier Prep’s leadership, the Board of Directors, and all Rainier Prep staff and nurtures a financial operation with clear goals and high standards.
Finance & Bookkeeping
- Oversee general ledger, including receipts, deposits, payroll, payables, grant allocations, and accruals.
- Oversee payment of all bills and invoices.
- Oversee all receipts.
- Oversee bank reconciliations.
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations with contractor negotiations (school food program, transportation, special providers, etc).
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Operations and Executive Director on budgeting, financial forecasting and cash-flow for administration, existing services and proposed new service offerings.
- Provide finance and budget information to the Director of Development to support grant applications.
Compliance & Oversight
- Prepare timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Executive Director, School Principal, Director of Finance and Operations, Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Preparation and filing of all required reporting to relevant bodies, including the Washington State Charter School Commission, OSPI and tax filings.
- Monitor for and ensure compliance with organizational policy, applicable law and regulation, and finance/accounting/management best practice.
- Prepare budgets and financial reports for funding sources and auditors; general preparation for auditor.
Payroll & Benefits
- Prepare and process monthly payroll under the Director of Finance’s supervision.
- Oversee all employee taxes, W2s and W9s.
- Prepare and process billing for all State and organization managed employee benefits.
- Conduct timely and accurate reports for the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude.
- Work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision in a partially remote setting.
- Ensure timely and accurate payments for goods and services and reporting.
- Communicate effectively with care to various stakeholders, provide financial information in an understandable and concise manner.
- Serve on school committees
- Schoolwide trainings and initiatives
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of school administration and/or accounting experience.
- Appropriate handling of confidential materials.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills.
- Relevant experience performing skills required for Position Responsibilities (e.g., preparing financial reports, managing general ledger, tracking budgets, working with auditors).
- Strong computer skills with intermediate Excel and/or Google Sheet skills
- Proficiency in Google platform and using QuickBooks.
- Experience with benefits administration and other HR functions
- Experience in administering finances in a school, non-profit or public agency
- Familiarity with structured finance, securing financing, working with creditors, etc.
Full-time, Partially (70%) Remote Work, Typical Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Starting salary range $48,000-$62,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits such as time off during school vacations/holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, and retirement will be included with full-time employment.
Go to www.rainierprep.org/careers and click “apply here” to begin the application process. Then email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference Business Manager in the subject line. Rainier Prep will invite selected candidates for interviews.
Applications received by February 15th will be given priority consideration, although we will continue to accept applications after this date until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of reference check, employment verification, fingerprinting, etc.
Black, Indigenous, and people of color are encouraged to apply!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Rainier Prep is an equal opportunity employer, and thus affords equal employment and advancement opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification that is protected under applicable local, state or federal law.
Rainier Prep will provide equal educational opportunity and treatment for all students in all aspects of the academic and activities program without discrimination based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Rainier Prep will provide equal access to school facilities to the Boy Scouts of America and all other designated youth groups listed in Title 36 of the United States Code as a patriotic society. Rainier Prep programs will be free from sexual harassment. Auxiliary aids and services will be provided upon request to individuals with disabilities. The below listed compliance officers have been elected to handle questions, comments, and complaints of alleged discrimination. They are available at 10211 12th Ave S. Seattle, WA 98168 or by phone at (206) 494-5979
Title IX Coordinator: Kamille Dye, Director of Finance & Operations
Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Morgan Fernandez, School Principal
Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: Kamille Dye, Director of Finance & Operations