- Reports to: Principal
- Classification: Full-time/Exempt
- Start Date: October 2022
- Location: Seattle, WA
- (Maybe virtual dependent upon COVID-19 restrictions but RVLA requires teaching staff reside in the state of WA)
We are seeking a mission aligned Instructional Aide to join the growing team at Rainier Valley Leadership Academy to serve scholars in grades 6-12. Our ideal candidate is scholar focused and utilizes innovative, data-driven, anti-racist instructional practices to engage, connect and build relationships with scholars and their families to foster educational success. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about having a long term commitment to joining the RVLA community and wants to help build a community-centered school driven to dismantle systemic oppression throughout the unit of the school.
Instructional Aide Assignments Available:
- Special Education Aid
- General Education Instructional Aide
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists teaching staff by completing instructional tasks and maintaining an orderly classroom to provide a positive learning environment.
- May be assigned to the classroom, lunchroom, library, before or after school academic programs, or office.
- Effectively support scholars in their content area as prescribed by college-ready, state, and RVLA academic content standards
- Utilize direct instruction, demonstration, audio-visual aids and other materials to supplement presentations with the overall goal of engaging scholar learning
- Support a mentor group focused on social/emotional skill-building, college and career
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in and outside the classroom
- Collaborate to set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction
- Attend faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence
- Serve on school pillar committees to forward the organizational mission
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team and within content, areas planning and aligning curricula to ensure that instruction follows curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school
- Create and implement scholar intervention plans when necessary
- Maintain the school’s scholar management policies and procedures (i.e., attendance records, dress code, etc.) and report to the school administrators when necessary
- Work with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve scholar issues
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all scholars
- Lead and participate in scholar activities such as: sponsoring scholar activities or organizations, coaching a team, working with parents and the community as part of a committee or group, providing morning or after school supervision, and chaperoning scholar events.
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- Special projects and duties outside of primary responsibility as assigned.
- Participate in other events aimed at promoting or developing Rainier Valley Leadership Academy (i.e., scholar recruitment)
- Associate Degree or WA State Paraprofessional Certification
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of how to research/gather information
- Growth mindset and love of learning
- A strong ethical base and self-awareness
- Relentless commitment to high standards for high-quality execution
- Passionate with a strong sense of personal responsibility towards achieving ambitious goals
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, and drive to achieve and grow
- Humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to RVLA’s mission and the Southeast Seattle community
- Commitment to building programs from beginning to end
- Ability to multi-task and function in a high-energy environment
RVLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
Compensation for this role is competitive and based on education, experience, and performance.
Starting hourly pay is $25.61/per hour
In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of scholars in Seattle.
If interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we interview and hire on a rolling basis. The start date for this position is as soon as possible but preferred by November 1st, 2022.
RVLA does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights, 504 and Title IX Coordinator: Chastity Catchings, (206) 659-0956, email@example.com, 6020 Rainier Ave. South Seattle, WA 98118.