Who You Are
Impact Public Schools (IPS) is looking for a diverse group of experienced educators with a track record of closing the opportunity gap and who are seeking work in a mission-aligned organization. If you have a fierce commitment to equity and are passionate about rigorous academics paired with social emotional learning, our school may be the perfect fit for you.
Who We Are
Impact Public Schools operates three public charter schools in the Puget Sound region. Our schools are incredibly diverse: 85% of our scholars are students of color and we have over 13 home languages spoken on our campuses. Impact’s culturally responsive academic model is rooted in four key elements: social-emotional learning, personalized learning pathways, project based-learning, and a joyful learning environment. Impact’s personalized approach to instruction ensures that every scholar gets the support they need to succeed academically. Impact scholars of all races, from low-income families, and for whom English is a second language have made gains that are larger than expected for students attending the nation’s highest-performing schools.
Where You Will Teach
- We have schools in Tukwila, Seattle, and Tacoma. Check out our careers page to apply to a specific campus!
Commitment to Diversity:
IPS seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and recruiting a team that reflects the diversity of our student movement.
We are deeply committed to achieving our mission of preparing a diverse population of students to succeed in college and impact communities as the next generation of equity-driven, innovative leaders. Our schools are tightly-knit families where every child is known, loved by an adult mentor and guided to achieve their unique, limitless potential. Our strong community is rooted in joyful rigor and committed to the following core values:
- Bold Ambitions – We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
- Brave Solidarity – Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
- Team WA – All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
- Everyone Grows – We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
- Play Big – We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
- Intention – In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. IPS offers a full benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Impact Public Schools (IPS). IPS prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Kristen McCaw, COO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206)712-7640, email@example.com.
Impact Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Kristen McCaw, COO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206)712-7640, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, public school employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or be approved for a medical or religious exemption prior to being allowed to work.