Impact Public Schools
See a complete description and apply at impactps.org/careers.
Impact Public Schools (IPS) invites passionate individuals with a background in operations to apply for the position of Manager of Data & Technology at Impact Public Schools, which operates schools in Seattle, Tukwila, Tacoma, and eventually Renton.
Being a part of the Impact team is a unique opportunity. We are deeply committed to achieving our mission of preparing a diverse population of students to succeed in college and impact communities as the next generation of equity-driven, innovative leaders. Our schools are small, tightly-knit families where every child is known, guided by an individual learning plan and loved by an adult mentor. Our strong community is rooted in high expectations, joy and exudes our core values:
- Bold Ambitions – We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
- Brave Solidarity – Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
- Team WA – All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
- Everyone Grows – We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
- Play Big – We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
- Intention – In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
The Manager of Data & Technology will collaborate with the Director of Technology & Data and the COO to ensure that Impact Public Schools has excellent technology and data systems, both in the home office and in IPS schools and support the growth of Impact Public Schools. The Manager of Data & Technology reports directly to the Director of Technology & Data.
Responsibilities of IPS Manager of Data & Technology
- Maintain and create dashboards for attendance, academic data, talent, survey results, and other organizational needs
- Develop more efficient systems for connecting data systems
- Oversee use of Skyward, CEDARS, Data Dashboard, Attendance Data, School Leader Dashboards, Clever, NWEA, SchoolMint, Instructional Technology, PikMyKid, Booli, WINS, STARS, Impact at Home, state assessment systems, and more
- Manage Clever implementation, including setting up contracts with new software vendors and managing their integration with Clever
- Be lead expert in Skyward, attending WSIPC trainings accordingly
- Build and maintain a complete library of increasingly efficient critical paths and how-to resources for all data and information systems
- Support set up technology infrastructure in all new schools and ensure that growing schools’ new classrooms and spaces are fully outfitted for the coming school year (phone, internet, document cameras, student Chromebooks, projectors, intercoms, etc.)
- Provide troubleshooting / repairs / maintenance for laptops, Chromebooks, internet, and other hardware throughout the year
- Support Impact team in identifying and sourcing products as new needs arise
- Support management of a single sign-on system
- Build and maintain a complete library of increasingly efficient critical paths and how-to resources for all technology systems
- Support schools in achieving excellent technology asset management and tracking
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Optimism and growth mindset towards the development of colleagues
- Acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically and creatively
- Communication and management skills necessary to handle many diverse projects at one time
- Ability to create, monitor, and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding technology skills and knowledge of IT infrastructure and advancements
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Ability to build connections between different data systems
- Advanced Excel skills, outstanding quantitative skills, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to create data visualizations that help the user better understand the data
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, highly disciplined, but sometimes unpredictable school environment
- Willingness to work autonomously, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior staff, as needed
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and roll-up-my-sleeves attitude
- Strong belief in the IPS mission and educational model
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years project management experience
- Minimum 2 years technology and/or data experience
- Experience with Student Information Systems, such as Skyward, and/or experience with CEDARS, Clever, SchoolMint, is a plus
- Experience in school contexts is a plus
- Previous start-up experience is a plus
Location (for HO JDs only)
Home office members will spend at least 1.5 days a week at school sites. Home office members will work at each school site (Seattle, Tukwila, Tacoma) at least once a week. When not at a school site, work is performed remotely.
- Prior to the start date of employment all employees need to obtain clearance on a criminal justice fingerprint and background check.
- Prior to being made an offer, the hiring manager will ask candidates to complete a character and fitness form from the Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.”
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. IPS offers a full benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Impact Public Schools (IPS). IPS prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Kristen McCaw, COO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206)712-7640, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Kristen McCaw, COO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206)712-7640, email@example.com.