Who You Are
You are fiercely committed to equity and want to join an organization that is committed to running amazing schools in diverse communities. You have a passion for human resources, operations, and talent and are excited to work in a fast pace, growing organization. You are detailed oriented, thrive on independence, and want to grow your professional skills.
Why This is a Unique Opportunity
Impact Public Schools is deeply committed to achieving our mission of preparing a diverse population of students to succeed in college and impact communities as the next generation of equity-driven, innovative leaders. Our schools are small, tightly-knit families where every child is known, guided by an individual learning plan and loved by an adult mentor. Our strong community is rooted in high expectations, joy and exudes our core values:
- Bold Ambitions – We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
- Brave Solidarity – Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
- Team WA – All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
- Everyone Grows – We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
- Play Big – We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
- Intention – In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
The Manager of Human Resources, Operations, and Talent will collaborate with home office leaders to ensure that Impact Public Schools has excellent HR, ops, and talent systems, both in the home office and in IPS schools.
Responsibilities of IPS Manager of Human Resources & Talent
- Ensure employee records are complete, including tracking/follow up regarding teacher certification and employee benefits
- Process new employee paperwork and enroll new employees in benefits
- Support HR questions/issues that arise
- Work with the CFO/COO and Director of Finance to ensure payroll is accurate and aligned to approved compensation and benefits
- Conduct employee surveys, and work with leadership to identify and implement strategies to make Impact a great place to work
- Support real estate, charter development, and other activities related to the strong launch of each new school
- Ensure that new schools meet operational requirements
- Build operational processes that can scale to support IPS’s growth
- Ensure assessments are set up for implementation and that data is entered into our dashboard after they are completed
- Support management of operations across a portfolio of schools
- Support school-based operations leads
- Work with vendors to source bids, negotiate payment processes, and ensure completion of work
- Support with organizing board packet and deck as needed
- Order board lunches
- Organize documents for board signature
- Take minutes in meeting
- Collaborate with the Regional Director of Schools on talent strategy with the goal of attracting excellent educators and leaders to work at Impact
- Support in drafting and posting job descriptions, conduct initial resume and phone screens, and arrange/support with interviews
- Represent Impact at educator recruitment fairs and other events aimed at drawing top talent
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically and creatively
- Strong multi-tasking skills and comfort managing multiple projects with precise due dates
- Exceptional communication skills
- Desire to create, monitor, and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Strong research and problem-solving skills and comfort reading government texts, policies and regulations
- Comfort with Excel, strong quantitative skills, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, highly disciplined, but sometimes unpredictable school environment
- Willingness to work autonomously, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior staff, as needed
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and roll-up-my-sleeves attitude
- Strong belief in the IPS mission and educational model
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-4 years project management experience
- Previous school operations, compliance, talent, and/or human resources experience a plus
- Experience with Student Information Systems and accounting systems, especially Skyward, a plus
- Previous start-up experience a plus
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. IPS offers a full benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Interested in this position? Please visit impactps.org/careers to apply online. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter.