ABOUT WHATCOM INTERGENERATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
WIHS is a new, innovative public charter high school authorized by the Washington State Charter School Commission. We are tuition-free and open to all families and we will open our doors to sixty 9th grade students in September 2020.
Our strategic vision is to create a unique learning environment designed with students and supported by elders to ensure every young person – no matter their life circumstances is educated for success in college, career and life and able to contribute to a more just and sustainable world.
WIHS is seeking a mission-driven Founding Office Manager with the ability to set up a warm, welcoming, effective and efficient office. The person for this position will have a strong background in day-to-day office management, a commitment to serving underserved communities and a passion for learning and continuous improvement. The Office Manager is a vital member of our school community and team.
START DATE: JULY 1, 2020
Provide initial point of contact for the school ensuring a professional and positive school image
- Greet all visitors who enter the building and respond to their needs appropriately and immediately.
- Promote building safety by ensuring all visitors sign in or are guided to an appropriate location.
- Answer phones and follow through with appropriate action.
- Ensure late arrivals are welcomed and know where to go. Call families of absent students and
follow up with appropriate staff and procedures.
Manage student records and information
- Act as school registrar, manage enrollment data entry and record creation.
- Ensure that all student files are complete, accurate, orderly, and properly stored.
- Update and maintain student information system, including student enrollment, grading, attendance, discipline and health modules in Qmlative
- Maintain data privacy standards at all times.
- Update daily attendance, manage attendance and truancy procedures.
- Support monthly and annual compliance reporting to OSPI and other agencies.
Ensure ALL families and students have the necessary information needed to enroll
- Request student records from previous schools as necessary.
- Update enrollment packets and WIHS collateral.
- Obtain, interpret and record transcript data.
- Set up and schedule home visits with families
Set up procedures and policies for effectively running and maintaining a productive office
- First point of contact with vendors and service delivery providers.
- Create and update calendars.
- Maintain office equipment, order materials, manage inventory supply.
- Collect payments, open and distribute mail, manage cash.
- Perform a variety of office duties including word processing (letters, memos, reports, forms, etc.),
make phone calls, email invites, schedule meetings, and update and monitor the web site.
- Maintain the contact databases.
- Run weekly meetings.
Ensure smooth school operations and communications
- Coordinate logistics for large school events and meetings. Secure location, print and collate
materials, order food, and other related logistical support as needed for events.
- Track and manage school logistics including attendance, meal-tracking and transportation
- Participate in fundraising and administrative activities as required.
Ensure proper procedures are followed and incidents are recorded
- First point of contact for sick students.
- Responsible for simple first aid – bandaids, ice packs, medications.
- LOVE details, versatile, accurate, organized and adept at multi-tasking
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Database set up and management, filing, maintaining calendars
- Positive attitude, welcoming, organized, love to trouble shoot problems
- 2 + years of experience in office administration
- Maintains a productive, efficient and clean office space
- Aligns well with the WIHS mission and vision
- Experience setting up and running an office
- Experience in a school setting
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred
- Beginning July 1- $42,000-$47,000 fulltime plus benefits and retirement
- Please submit an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org The application should include:
- Cover Letter: Please address the qualifications specified.
- Contact information for three (3) professional references.
Whatcom Intergenerational High School seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and recruiting a team to reflect the diversity. Whatcom Intergenerational High School does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups as required by law.
The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: email@example.com
Title IX Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 504 / ADA Coordinator: email@example.com