We are seeking a mission aligned On-Call Recruiter to join the growing team at Rainier Valley Leadership Academy. Our ideal candidate is hard-working, entrepreneurial, and possesses a strong desire to foster high levels of academic achievement and socioemotional well-being with middle and high school scholars. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about scholars and excited to join a community-centered school driven to dismantle systemic oppression through the unit of the school .
RVLA employees are committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field, ensuring a quality education for all. RVLA offers weekly professional development, specialized cross-network professional development days in collaboration with others in the network, regular observations, coaching and feedback, and summer training for all staff. We believe strongly in providing training and support to all staff in order to enable strong teaching and learning in every classroom and facet of our organization. Leadership opportunities are also available at RVLA.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at RVLA, please visit: myrvla.org
ABOUT RAINIER VALLEY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY:
Rainier Valley Leadership Academy is located in Seattle’s thriving Southeast Seattle neighborhood. RVLA’s mission is driven by an unwavering belief in the potential of ALL scholars, eliminating barriers to learning and continuously striving for scholar success. We believe every scholar in every community deserves to go to a great school. With this belief in mind, RVLA opened its doors to a founding class of 6th grade scholars in August, 2017. In the Fall of 2018, it launched its high school with a founding class of 9th graders. We strive to build strong partnerships with scholars, families and community partners to foster a learning environment of belonging and community-centered leadership.
RVLA was originally launched as a Green Dot Washington school. Over the 2019-20 school year, RVLA transitioned to become a community-centered, standalone school. As such, it is looking for team members who are inspired to lead this development of a locally-centered revisioning process that prioritizes community agency and our scholars’ voices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scholar Enrollment and Lottery:
- Support Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager in serving as school support for recruiting new scholars and executing a successful scholar recruitment strategy
- Support Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager in contributing to creation of a scholar recruitment plan at the start of the school year
- Support in tabling events, community outreach, and prospective family cultivation
- Support Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager in stewarding relationships with community leaders and organizations
Parent & Community Engagement:
- Attend community events and build relationships with existing and new community partners.
- Support Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager in planning monthly programming based on parent feedback and community needs
- Support maintenance of parent facing communications (website, social media, newsletters)
- Support with recruitment of families for the Panther Advisory Committees and support in the planning and facilitation of the Panther Advisory Committee meetings.
- Support Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager in organizing parent volunteer initiatives and ensuring program compliance
- Participate in RVLA professional development programs as needed
- Participate in other events aimed at promoting or developing RVLA
- Support Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager in professional development for key areas related to growing parent and community involvement
- Design marketing materials both online and in print, as needed
- Support Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager in managing high trafficked social media sites for the school, as needed
- Translate spoken and written materials, as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Bilingual in both oral and written Spanish (strongly desired)
- Experience leading and developing positive working relationships with parents and community organizations
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences (i.e. scholars, parents, community-based organizations)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and Google (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Presentation)
- Has strong organizational ability and enjoys juggling multiple priorities
- Is able to set, plan, and accomplish goals through obstacles
- Shows consistent follow through on communications with key stakeholders (parents, administration, community organizations, etc.)
- Demonstrates flexibility and nimbleness when priorities change
- Is capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Is able to plan events from start to finish
- Thrives in a fast pace environment
- Customer-service mindset and commitment to organizational success
- Has a team player attitude and is willing to work hard to get the job done
- Is solutions-oriented and is looking for ways to problem solve consistently
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to receive and implement feedback
- Is personable and can easily connect with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrates humility and desires to fully support all scholars
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, and drive to achieve
RVLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
$20/hr for on call recruiters with additional incentive opportunities. In addition, we offer the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all scholars
If interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we interview and hire on a rolling basis. The start date for this position is January 3, 2022.
RVLA does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights, 504 and Title IX Coordinator: Chastity Catchings, (206) 659-0956, firstname.lastname@example.org, 6020 Rainier Ave. South Seattle, WA 98118.