School Nurse – Part Time or Full Time
School Year 2021-22
Who You Are
Impact Public Schools is seeking multiple school nurses to work across our three campus locations during the 2021-22 school year on our campuses in Tukwila, South Seattle, and Tacoma. If you are a school nurse who enjoys elementary aged students, this could be the role for you! Additionally, this role could be part-time or full-time!
Commitment to Diversity:
IPS seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and recruiting a team that reflects the diversity of our student movement.
We are deeply committed to achieving our mission of preparing a diverse population of students to succeed in college and impact communities as the next generation of equity-driven, innovative leaders. Our schools are tightly-knit families where every child is known, loved by an adult mentor and guided to achieve their unique, limitless potential. Our strong community is rooted in joyful rigor and committed to the following core values:
- Bold Ambitions – We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
- Brave Solidarity – Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
- Team WA – All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
- Everyone Grows – We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
- Play Big – We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
- Intention – In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
- Manage health concerns and plans within the scope of school nurse practice
- Coordinate and implement health, vision, and hearing screenings
- Serve as a health liaison between the school, family, and external providers
- Consult with school personnel on health issues and dispensing of medications
- Support with IEP and 504 plans as they pertain to health impairments
- Lead faculty trainings on topics related to student health
- Support students and families when the student has symptoms of COVID-19, and secure translation each time to ensure families understand the instructions
- Conduct contact tracing when there are confirmed COVID cases
- Coordinate and implement onsite testing
- Implement and manage test-to-stay
- Provide support to families who have questions about COVID, manage COVID dashboard, and keep families informed about the school’s status, securing translation each time
Skills and Characteristics
- Familiarity with Google docs and sheets
- Ability to navigate student information systems
- Familiarity with electronic health records
- Enjoy working with both teachers and young students
- Knowledge of key content related to school nursing
Education and Experience
- Valid license to practice nursing in Washington state
Location and Hours
This individual will spend 20 – 40 hours each week at one of Impact’s three school sites. Impact has schools in Tukwila, South Seattle, and near Tacoma’s Dome District.
- Prior to the start date of employment all employees need to obtain clearance on a criminal justice fingerprint and background check.
- Prior to being made an offer, the hiring manager will ask candidates to complete a character and fitness form from the Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.”
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. IPS offers a full benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Impact Public Schools (IPS). IPS prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Kristen McCaw, COO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206)712-7640, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Kristen McCaw, COO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206)712-7640, email@example.com.