Deadline: We will accept applications until March 1, 2022
In your role, you will be a lead executor of our data driven student learning and behavioral goals setting, analysis, and collaboration with instructional staff, and you will work directly with our Founding School Leader, Board, and other members of our statewide and national network to help spearhead Rooted School’s launch in Vancouver, Washington by Fall 2022.
As our Founding Learning Specialist, you will work in step with our instructional team to fulfill our school-wide vision for grades 9-12 and execute the curriculum to bring that vision to reality. Additionally, you will lead the IEP team to develop data-driven student learning and behavioral goals.
Above all, you will help us determine how we will fulfill the Rooted Promise. This might not work. It might not be fun. I hope you’ll do it anyway.
The foundation of how we work together:
- We want teammates who demonstrate a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s mission
- We want teammates who have an unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness (that, regardless of how much you know about something, you could be wrong)
- We want teammates who thrive in a startup environment (comfort with frequent, focused change and ambiguity + strong initiative)
- We want teammates who have at least three years of Science/Math teaching experience in upper-middle school and/or high school in a low-income or high needs population with a track record of outstanding academic results
- We want teammates who exhibit an exceptional ability to execute at a high level in the classroom while concurrently building secure attachments with students
- We want teammates who are deeply invested in restorative practices and masters of classroom management
- We want teammates who have knowledge of project-based learning in Math and Science (preferred)
- We want teammates who have experience in school(s) which rely heavily on project-based learning as a means to develop content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- We want teammates who have experience in school(s) which rely heavily on digital curriculum as a means to develop basic content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- We want teammates who are committed to researching and remaining abreast of best instructional practices that may advance our mission
Areas of Responsibility Include (but aren’t limited to):
- Creating, refining, monitoring, and maintaining instructional, curricular, and program strategies consistent with the special education student’s learning level and to continually assess progress towards IEP goals, including grades
- Provide instruction in the classroom, in small groups, and 1:1 student support
- Conduct student assessments to determine program eligibility and services
- Develop and complete Individual Education Plans (IEP), as well as organize, schedule, and facilitate IEP meetings that include performance data on student IEP goals and documentation with families and instructors
- Supervise the collection of performance data on student IEP goals and document progress frequently and digitally
- Collaborate with professionals within the community that interconnect with students and their families
- Experience working with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds with a commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A completed post-baccalaureate secondary teacher certification and/or a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Math and/or Science
- Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate, or can obtain a Washington State Teaching Certificate
- Knowledge of academic coursework to be taught and teaching methods for the 21st century classroom
- Experience in developmentally appropriate practices, curriculum adaptation, the use of higher level thinking skills, knowledge of differing learning styles and alternative assessment techniques
- Experience with and analyses of state, local, and teacher-developed assessments
Competitive full-time salary commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package