Impact Public Schools (IPS) invites dynamic individuals with a passion for engaging and recruiting families to apply for the position of Tacoma Community Engagement Manager at Impact Public Schools.
Being a part of the Impact team is a unique opportunity. We are deeply committed to achieving our mission of preparing a diverse population of students to succeed in college and impact communities as the next generation of equity-driven, innovative leaders. Our schools are small, tightly-knit families where every child is known, guided by an individual learning plan and loved by an adult mentor. Our strong community is rooted in high expectations, joy and exudes our core values:
- Bold Ambitions – We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
- Brave Solidarity – Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
- Team WA – All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
- Everyone Grows – We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
- Play Big – We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
- Intention – In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
Responsibilities of IPS Tacoma Community Engagement Manager
- Community Outreach: Lead all canvassing, tabling and other recruitment efforts. Serve as key tour contact for prospective families. Cultivate and maintain a network of community relationships through regular meetings and communication to provide pipeline to IPS. Coordinate and execute home visits for prospective families. Leverage all community partners to identify and recruit students and ensure IPS visibility as an educational option.
- Marketing Management: Manage information sessions, including facility reservations, information session follow-up and family support set-up (i.e. supplies, paperwork, food). Draft marketing materials for review using branding skeletons, develop and drive social media campaigns and newspaper ads. Track effectiveness of outreach efforts to make informed decisions on recruitment strategy and funds with the support of manager.
- Recruitment & Enrollment: Develop recruitment strategy plan and targets with the assistance of CEO, using data analysis to respond to community needs. Cultivate and manage a “warm” waitlist through strong communication, ensuring full enrollment day 1 and month 1 of school. Prepare and execute annual lottery and related compliance. Develop the intent to enroll campaign annually for current students.
- Student Record Management: Collaborate with Director of Operations to manage all enrollment paperwork, following up on missing pieces to ensure 100% paperwork compliance by day one of school.
- Family Resources: Build an active list of wrap around family services to support our mission of preparing the next generation of equity-driven leaders.
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Relentless focus on equity
- Deep belief in the IPS mission
- Joy & optimism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Existing partnerships within the community
- Ability to manage self to achieve ambitious goals
- Ability to build systems to support codification of work for future replication
- Comfort in cold calling and initiating new relationships
- Ability to build long-term trust and “close” simultaneously
- Strong management and training skills
- Growth mindset
- Strong attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience building on-brand marketing materials
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with families and community members
- Deep personal and professional experience in and around Tacoma
- Strong ambition and desire to grow professionally with the organization
- Previous start-up experience is a plus
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. IPS offers a full benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Interested in this position? Please visit impactps.org/careers to apply online. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter.