Deadline: We will accept applications until March 1, 2022
In your role, you will work in step with our instructional team to co-create our school-wide vision for our technology program (grades 9-12) and execute the curriculum into your teaching space to bring that vision to reality. You will also work directly with our Founding School Leader, Board, and other members of our statewide and national network to help spearhead Rooted School’s launch in Vancouver, Washington by Fall 2022.
Above all, you will help us determine how we will fulfill the Rooted Promise. This might not work. It might not be fun. I hope you’ll do it anyway.
The foundation of how we work together:
- We want teammates who demonstrate a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s mission
- We want teammates who have an unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness (that, regardless of how much you know about something, you could be wrong)
- We want teammates who thrive in a startup environment (mainly comfort with change and ambiguity, strong initiative)
- We want teammates who have at least three years’ teaching experience in upper-middle school and/or high school in a low-income or high needs population with a track record of outstanding academic results
- We want teammates who are committed to earning the employer-validated credentials our students will learn (i.e. Adobe, Autodesk, Salesforce, CompTIA, HubSpot, Amazon Web Services, Scrum, Udemy, and others)
- We want teammates who have knowledge of and/or are committed to project-based learning in Technology
- We want teammates who exhibit an exceptional ability to execute at a high level in the classroom while concurrently building secure attachments with students
- We want teammates who are deeply invested in restorative practices and are masters of classroom management
- We want teammates who have experience in school(s) which rely heavily on project-based learning as a means to develop content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- We want teammates who have experience in school(s) which rely heavily on digital curriculum as a means to develop basic content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- We want teammates who are committed to researching and remaining abreast of best instructional practices that may advance our mission
Areas of Responsibility Include (but aren’t limited to):
- Create, refine, + maintain Technology curriculum at Rooted School
- Collaborate with other content area teachers to design cross-curricular projects and emphasize targeted soft skills across the curriculum
- Meticulously monitor student data, provide frequent feedback, and targeted student support in response to data
- Consistently implement and execute student interventions with flexible grouping
- Execute Rooted’s hybrid academic model with fidelity and consistency
- Actively establish Rooted’s culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large
- Lead on-site tech support to team members that minimally address and identify managing and maintaining our systems, and collaborating with the Director of School Operations to identify repairs as needed.