Rainier Prep is seeking an exceptional Tech and Data Manager who wants to be part of creating an excellent school that will deliver radically different results for students who have the most obstacles to a college degree. This position requires a self-motivated, collaborative professional who has proven ability to successfully work with diverse stakeholders, create effective communication, manage technology, and develop comprehensive systems, policies, and procedures. This role is responsible for setting the tone of the management of daily school operations and business functions. We’re looking for someone with experience improving systems and processes and is able to communicate clearly to many different stakeholders. This person will thrive in a demanding and team-oriented culture. Black, Indigenous, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply!
ABOUT RAINIER PREP:
Rainier Prep is a rigorous college preparatory 5th – 8th public charter school located on the border of South Seattle and Burien, WA. We believe in the inherent capacity of every student to succeed in a college prep environment. Rainier Prep aims to achieve radically different outcomes for students who experience the most obstacles to college degrees and representation in leadership positions.
Rainier Prep opened its doors for the first time in the fall of 2015. Modeled on some of the highest performing charter schools around the country, Rainier Prep’s outstanding faculty and staff are transforming the expected educational outcomes for low income, students of color and immigrant students, committing to college and career readiness for each of our students.
Support in the management of daily school operations, technology and database management, and external relationships that allow faculty and staff to focus on teaching and learning. The roles and responsibilities listed here represent the current scope of the role within our organization. These responsibilities and duties are likely to be changed or added throughout employment. The Tech and Data Manager reports to the Executive Director and Finance Officer
Technology and Database Management
- Manage school technology needs and coordinate with finance staff to purchase new devices, track inventory, and dispose of items when necessary according to compliance guidelines and laws
- Maintain Rainier Prep’s Student Information System (Synergy)
- Use tools such as Excel, Google, CEDARS (State Student Information System), and Synergy (our Student Information System) to run routine reports and submit routine school compliance reports to school leadership and staff, and local, state and federal entities
- Complete timely and accurate CEDARS submissions to OSPI
- Develop and manage systems to repair or replace devices according to always changing needs
- Provide information and training to staff and students on technology, software, and database procedures and policies, as needed
- Lead and support all staff in the setup, implementation, use, and maintenance of all school software and hardware
- Establish, develop, and maintain trusting relationships with students, families, staff, vendors, and community partners
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, including hardware/software vendors, WA State Reporting representatives, hired consultants, and other external partners
Daily School Operations
- Monitor procedures–such as arrival, breakfast, lunch, recess, and dismissal–to ensure they run safely, efficiently, and on-time while also soliciting feedback from other members of community to make improvements
- Assist sick children and coordinate basic medical needs of students
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent technology skills, including Excel, SFTP, Google Suite,
- Ability to create, implement, and maintain systems for operational excellence and incorporate various perspectives when creating or improving a system and/or training other staff to use it
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with adults and students from diverse backgrounds
- Detail-oriented, team player who consistently takes initiative
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Fluent in Somali, Amharic, Spanish or Vietnamese
- Experience with OSPI and/or WA State reporting systems and compliance
- Knowledge of VBA, SQL, or other advanced data management tools
- Experience with user account management
- Experience in education or startup, especially non-profit
Full-time, Typical Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
$48,000-$61,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits such as time off during school vacations/holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, and retirement will be included with full-time employment.
Go to www.rainierprep.org/careers and click “apply here” to begin the application process. Then email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference Tech and Data Manager in the subject line. Rainier Prep will invite selected candidates for interviews. The selection process will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment and certification verification (if applicable), fingerprinting, etc.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT:
Rainier Prep is an equal opportunity employer, and thus affords equal employment and advancement opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification that is protected under applicable local, state or federal law.
Rainier Prep will provide equal educational opportunity and treatment for all students in all aspects of the academic and activities program without discrimination based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Rainier Prep will provide equal access to school facilities to the Boy Scouts of America and all other designated youth groups listed in Title 36 of the United States Code as a patriotic society. Rainier Prep programs will be free from sexual harassment. Auxiliary aids and services will be provided upon request to individuals with disabilities. The below listed compliance officers have been elected to handle questions, comments, and complaints of alleged discrimination. They are available at 10211 12th Ave S. Seattle, WA 98168 or by phone at (206) 494-5979
- Title IX Coordinator: Kamille Dye, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Morgan Fernandez, email@example.com
- Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: Kamille Dye, firstname.lastname@example.org