- Place of Performance: WA State, Region TBD
- Supervisor: Associate Director of the True Measure Collaborative (TMC)
- Direct Reports: None
- Status: Full Time, Exempt
- Travel Requirements: Moderate in-state travel
- Salary Range: $65,000 – $86,000
WHO WE ARE
WA Charters knows that communities of color, immigrant and refugee communities, low-income communities, and individuals living with disabilities disproportionately shoulder the burden of the impacts of inequitable access to high-quality public schools. Working for and in partnership with impacted communities is a critical priority of our incubation, school services, legal, advocacy, communications, and engagement work to support charter public schools at every stage of their development. By doing so, we believe charter public schools will be a lever to improve educational outcomes across charter and traditional schools for all students.
Washington is the 42nd state to open its public education system to charter public schools and the charter public school law puts a strong emphasis on ensuring that its charters are high-quality options for students that don’t have access to them currently. The Washington State Charter Schools Association (WA Charters) is a non-profit organization that advocates for and supports a thriving, innovative charter public school sector that upholds quality via student-centered, community-rooted schools and aspires to disrupt a systemically racist and inequitable education system.
The True Measure Collaborative (TMC) is a part of the WA Charters School Programs Team. At the end of SY 2021-22, the TMC anticipates spinning off into a stand-alone non-profit organization. Our mission, vision, and supports provided to member schools will remain consistent as our organizational structure evolves.
While the primary focus of the TMC Program Manager is supporting schools to serve systemically marginalized students, including students with disabilities and English Language Learners, all positions at WA Charters contribute to our broader goal of advancing equity in Washington State’s public schools.
The TMC partners with district and charter public schools, offering robust, centralized expertise and support that promote inclusive education. The TMC defines inclusive education as a school-wide data-based approach that provides curriculum, instruction, learning environments, and school culture designed to provide equitable access to every student.
The TMC seeks to expand from serving its current charter-only membership base to establish relationships and direct supports with district partners. This role will provide supports to teams in both district and charter public schools in Washington to expand the capacity of educators to improve student outcomes for students with disabilities.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE & COACHING FOR WA PUBLIC SCHOOLS: 90%
- Provide tailored, individualized remote and onsite coaching and technical assistance to schools’ special education teachers and coordinators – will include regular statewide travel
- Conduct special education file reviews and deep dive file audits aligned with OSPI areas of priority
- Deliver individualized trainings related to inclusion and compliance (e.g., Writing a Compliant IEP in WA State, Accommodations and Modifications 101, Writing Measurable Annual Goals) to special education teams at district and charter public schools
- Provide coaching and consultation to build the professional capacity of special education teams to gain self-sufficiency in best practices for the activities outlined above
TMC PROJECT MANAGEMENT & COLLABORATION: 10%
- Work effectively with the TMC team to monitor and support the delivery of holistic supports to schools
- Participate in bi-weekly TMC staff meetings and weekly check-ins with the Associate Director of the TMC
- Facilitate the collection and analysis of data related to impact of TMC district pilot program
WHO YOU ARE
WA Charters is seeking a team member that has the following essential skills and experiences:
- A resolute personal and professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Willingness to be an ally and an active leading voice for equity and inclusion
- Willingness to share own ideas amongst staff, stakeholders
- Excited by prospect of being part of a start-up team, creating a new and continuously improving program, at times working independently and at others with a team
- At least five years of experience working in education
- At least two years of demonstrated success in leadership roles focused on special education
- Experience working in the field of special education, either as an employee or a partner, in one or more school districts in Washington state
- Excellent customer services orientation and high degree of professionalism with a range of stakeholders
- Mastery of managing competing demands and quickly determining top priorities with a large-scale project
- Ability to create, adjust, and implement strategic work plans
- Strong writing, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Committed to creating flexible solutions that meet schools’ various needs in COVID-19 era
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Compliant with the Washington K-12 and WA Charters COVID-19 vaccine mandate requirements
- This position requires flexibility to travel to work site, a valid Washington Driver’s License, and proof of minimum state required insurance
- Open office workspace, with frequent sitting, occasional standing and/or walking, and urban noise
- Frequent computer use
- Occasional local travel outside of the office, driving own vehicle or public transit
- Occasional need-based irregular hours outside of the standard workweek (e.g. nights and weekends)
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally push/pull up to 25 pounds
- WA Charters will make accommodations where necessary and able
- Currently WA Charters staff work from home, there is no confirmed return to office date
WHAT WE OFFER
- A chance to transform Washington State’s public education to create broader equitable outcomes and policies for all students in Washington State
- A passionate, fun, fast-moving, and collaborative team
- Salary range $65,000 – $86,000, depending on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx benefits; long- and short-term disability; and life insurance (details provided upon request)
- 401(k) Plan with an employer match
- PTO days and paid federal holidays
- To apply, please send a resume via the BambooHR link provided
- The position will remain open until filled; however, anyone interested in the position is encouraged to apply early in the process, as the preferred start date is 7/1/2022 or earlier.
- If your skills are a match, we will contact you to schedule a phone interview, followed by an interview with members of our team.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WA Charters is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.