We believe in the power of parents.
We believe in the power of parents. Parents and families represent critical stakeholders who make a difference in the lives of students.
Our parent advocacy offerings are designed to help individuals who currently have a child enrolled in a Washington state charter public school become a leader in their school while also developing civic engagement skills to advocate for all students.
Who you are
- You have a passion for social justice, including educational equity
- You have a desire to improve school culture, school success, and public education in Washington state
- You are a good listener who values and contributes diverse perspectives.
What we offer
- Opportunities to discuss issues with state legislators, local elected officials, and other key stakeholders
- Monthly stipends for commitment of 5-10 hours per month supporting family engagement at your child’s school
- Resources, trainings, and the platform to advocate for you, your family, and your community
Pathway to leadership
Here is how WA Charters works with families and schools to cultivate and grow our state’s powerful base of charter parent advocates.
- Connect to Schools | We connect parents with their school’s family engagement team and opportunities to advocate at their school
- Connect to Peers | We connect parents with other parents across the state, so they can share their experiences and advocate together for issues that impact students statewide
- Learn | We lead parent advocacy trainings to help build personal leadership and civic engagement capacity
- Advocate | We connect parents with platforms and opportunities to discuss issues with state legislators, local elected officials, and other key stakeholders