We support schools at every stage of startup.
Startup support is spread across three distinct phases.
Phase I : School leadership and design fellowship year
Our School Leadership and Design Fellowship offers a small, cohort-based incubation experience for individuals or teams who are ready to begin designing a high-quality, transformational charter public school.
Core Design Principles
We work with leaders designing a variety of school model types. However, we believe that all transformational schools have certain core principles in common:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels – students, staff, board, and community
- Post-secondary readiness for ALL students
- Students-first approach that includes personalization and restorative practices to meet the academic and social-emotional needs of the whole child
- A foundation of strong leadership and exceptional teaching
- Authentic engagement with families and communities to co-create solutions to serve educational needs within the community
- Contribute to the growth of a healthy public education sector
Phase II : Strong Start – planning year
As soon as schools become authorized, Fellowstransition to our Strong Start program in their planning year. During the Strong Start year, founders create compliant, sustainable systems and procedures for operations teams, so that instructional staff can focus on providing a high-quality, equitable education to diverse learners.
Our Strong Start program helps founders meet key milestones in preparation for a successful launch.
- Hire a mission-aligned, results-focused team
- Secure a facility to house the school
- Engage families and enroll students
- Establish financial and operational systems
- Develop a high-quality, inclusive academic model
We go beyond supporting schools to meet state and federal compliance requirements, exposing founders to innovative best practices. Founders in this phase receive additional and ongoing supports through coaching, on-demand technical assistance, and trainings.
Phase III : First year of operation and beyond
Once a school launches, we help ensure strong operations in the first year with technical assistance, coaching, and ongoing access to resources and experts that span a wide range of areas critical to running a successful school. Once operational, schools utilize WA Charters Member Services and participate in our true Measure Collaborative (TMC).
Member schools benefit from a full suite of ongoing services, supports, resources, and expertise. Please contact the school programs team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Already a member? Go here
True Measure Collaborative (TMC)
The TMC serves as a full partner to charter public schools offering robust, centralized expertise and supports that promote inclusive education.