In order to support the growing charter school movement in our state, the Washington State Charter Schools Association (WA Charters) is launching a new membership program for Washington charter school development teams.
We are inviting charter school development teams preparing proposals for November 22 to become inaugural members of WA Charters for a one-time fee of $250 per team. Membership includes:
- School Founders Membership in WA Charters valid for one year, extended until school opening for teams receiving authorizer approval.
- One review of member team’s draft authorization proposal by experienced school developers and reflective feedback on improving your proposal utilizing the rubric authorizers will use to evaluate school proposals.
- Access to WA Charters Help Desk via telephone and email for guidance to helpful resources (limited to five requests per school team).
- Two hours of technical assistance provided by experienced school developers in areas of need identified by the member school team.
- A reduced member’s rate for additional technical assistance services including additional proposal reviews.
- A web conference to provide an overview of the authorizers’ Request For Proposal guidelines and the WA Charters proposal review process.
- Bi-weekly updates via email with news and alerts impacting charter school authorization and school development proposals.
WA Charters will host a teleconference and web chat to provide information about these membership services and answer questions from public charter school applicants. If interested, please send an email with contact information to:firstname.lastname@example.org for call-in and web link access.
While we will work to provide valuable feedback in reviewing proposals, WA Charters cannot give advice specifically on what applicants should say nor provide assistance in writing proposals. Participation in the WA Charters Membership Program should not be seen as an indication of proposal quality nor an endorsement or recommendation for approval.
WA Charters closely follows the rules, announcements, and activities of Washington charter school authorizers, but is not in any way affiliated with the Washington Charter School Commission, the Washington State Board of Education, or Spokane Public Schools.