- Summit Sierra students got a surprise ‘zoom-in’ from two Seahawks during virtual school.
- Impact Public Schools has launched weekly Impact At Home lesson plans and teachers are providing read-alouds.
- Willow Public Schools in Walla Walla has been busy creating meal boxes for students and families while teachers have been sending messages of support to their community.
- PRIDE Prep delivered over 1,000 meals during the last week of March and has been partnering with Second Harvest to ensure families are getting food. Sixth-grade teachers surprised their student with a drive-by quarantine birthday parade.
- Rainier Valley Leadership Academy has transitioned to a fully virtual learning platform using Apex Learning Systems and they are posting helpful resources for families on their Facebook page.
- New charter public school Catalyst Public Schools has been hosting virtual information sessions, hosting read-alouds in English and Spanish, and posting helpful family resources on their Facebook page.
- New charter public school, Cascade Midway Academy, isn’t letting COVID-19 slow down their planning for their first year of school, connecting with regional school leaders via Zoom and holding virtual enrollment info sessions on social media.
- New charter public school, Lumen High School has been reaching out to their community through social media by hosting ‘meet the teacher’ posts.
- Impact Public Schools was featured on King 5 for their work ensuring distance learning supports were in place for students.
Did we miss something? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.