An invitation to all experienced, equity-driven elementary and middle school teachers who believe in the potential of all students and who want to build a school founded upon belonging, resilience, achievement, vulnerability, enthusiasm and leadership.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about teaching and learning- your scholars’, your colleagues’ and yours. You have a track record leading scholars to academic excellence. You not only believe that every young person deserves an incredible academic experience, but ensuring that scholars’ diverse needs are met socially and emotionally also compels you. You are willing to challenge yourself, your colleagues, and your scholars to realize a school where every person is known, loved, and challenged each day.
WHO ARE WE?
Being a part of the Catalyst team is a unique opportunity. We are deeply committed to achieving our mission of supporting our diverse scholars to live full lives and to succeed in college, career, and life and of finding their purpose and passion so that they can cultivate the critical hope, optimism and leadership essential to be catalysts in their community and world. Our schools are tightly-knit families where every child is known, loved, and challenged. Our strong community is rooted in high expectations, joy and exudes our core values:
- Belonging. We are stronger together.
- Resiliency. What we do today is what matters most.
- Achievement. When you succeed, we all succeed.
- Vulnerability. I speak my truth and I listen to yours.
- Enthusiasm. We show our spark and bring our hearts.
of a Catalyst Education Specialist
Serve as Special Education Expert:
- Provide special education instruction, interventions and support to scholars in alignment with their IEPs
- Plan and execute special education programming at school site, including compliance with all applicable laws and coordinating site-specific evaluation efforts and program model implementation
- Assist in spreading inclusion best practices through collaborating with colleagues and delivering targeted professional development
- Support in the development and implementation of site RTI plan
Serve as Expert for English Language Learner (ELL) Supports:
- Provide interventions and support to scholars during the school day, and on an ongoing basis as needed for scholar development.
- Plan and execute English Language Learner programming at school site, including compliance with all applicable laws and coordinating site-specific evaluation efforts and program model implementation.
- Provide professional development to all instructional staff through training, modeling and coaching the delivery of instruction and supports to ELLs in accordance with curriculum identified by IPS using various coaching methods
- Provide individualized materials and coaching to faculty to support ELL learning across different school settings
Serve as a guide and role model for scholars:
- Build an environment for learning that invites and excites scholar learning
- Live and model Catalyst’s core values with scholars and their families
- Empower scholars to access their voices and leadership
Commit to your professional learning and growth
- Collaborate with your principal and school team to improve instruction, build strong school culture, and grow your leadership skills
- Authentically engage in Catalyst’s culture of adult learning and professional development
Mentor new and aspiring teachers:
- Include teachers/small group instructors in your planning and instructional implementation
- Uphold and model Catalyst’s core values with other teachers inside and outside your classroom
- Share in success and progress and own growth areas- both your own and that of our scholars
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
of a Catalyst Education Specialist
- Enthusiasm and mastery for elementary and middle school special education, RTI, and ELL supports
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Use of data to drive instructional moves and intervention paths for scholars
- Excellent and culturally relevant classroom management skills
- Commitment to Catalyst’s model including social emotional learning integration
- Belief in the importance of working in a diverse, inclusive, and equity driven work place
- Deep desire to grow and learn even when it is uncomfortable
- Collaborate with teammates and families to ensure Catalyst makes good on our mission
- Communicate clearly and effectively with scholars, families, colleagues, and team
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, PASSION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
of a Catalyst Learning Specialist
- Teaching experience with proven record of student growth
- Bachelor’s degree and extracurricular leadership
- Minimum of 3 years special education teaching experience
- Belief in and alignment with Catalyst’s mission, core values and educational model is non-negotiable
- Experience planning and conducting professional development
- Washington State teaching certificate (or on-track plan to obtain one if from out of state)
- Successful background check
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
WE ARE COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Catalyst Public Schools seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We believe that maximizing the diversity of our organization and recruiting a team that reflects the diversity of our scholars is good for our whole community.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are the foundation of Catalyst Public Schools. We prohibit and do not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We provide all teachers a full benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. Lead Teachers get access to:
- A coach and weekly coaching
- Timely and differentiated professional development throughout the year
- Opportunities for leadership stipends when a track record of success has been established
Do you see yourself and your passion in what you have read?