- Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Classification: Classified
- Job Status: Full Time/Exempt
- Year Round Employee
- Start Date: July 2023
- Location: Seattle, WA
ABOUT RAINIER VALLEY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY:
Rainier Valley Leadership Academy is a public, tuition-free, charter school, providing an anti-racist collaborative community and rigorous education, while providing access to civic leadership and college success for all scholars in Seattle. RVLA will serve grades 6-12 in the Seattle Community. We respect and celebrate the wealth and vitality of the ethnic and cultural traditions that thrive in our neighborhood. Our mission is to put every child on the path to success in college and career, leadership, and life.
We integrate college and career-ready and hands-on instruction to expose all scholars to a variety of authentic experiences. Our teachers use data driven collection to meet scholar needs and differentiation. We use common planning time and collaborative team time to analyze data to inform instruction. We provide a teacher mentor for every scholar, and focus on personalized learning.
RVLA boasts a highly-qualified and diverse faculty and staff that not only have excellent educational credentials, but also bring to the school community many years of dedication to scholar success and passion for our mission. Our small school community allows adults to know each other and every scholar by name, strength and need. We pride ourselves on building and maintaining close relationships with each other, our community, scholars and families.
We are seeking a mission aligned HR Coordinator to join the growing team at Rainier Valley Leadership Academy to serve scholars in grades 6-12. Our ideal candidate is scholar focused and utilizes innovative, data driven, anti-racist practices to support, engage, connect and build relationships with staff, candidates, scholars and their families to foster educational success. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about having a long term commitment to joining the RVLA community and wants to help build a community-centered school driven to dismantle systemic oppression through the unit of the school.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at RVLA, please visit: https://myrvla.org/careers/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive, and incumbents are expected to perform all duties as assigned or directed. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, consistent with applicable law.
- Work closely with the team to develop and implement highly effective employee recruitment, selection, hiring, evaluation, and retention strategies. Serve as the first HR point of contact for hiring managers for all questions and concerns related to these processes.
- Support organizing and coaching hiring managers with talent development and performance management compliance reporting as needed.
- Serve as the first HR point of contact for hiring managers for all questions and concerns related to employee recruitment, selection, evaluation, and retention. Support principals’ needs related to classified staff changes, such as hour change requests; resolve discrepancies.
- Enter pay assignments and stipends based upon negotiated agreements and regulations; Issues and receives contracts for supplemental pay.
- Responsible for the accuracy of compensation; input data and update information in the human resource information system (HRIS).
- Assist applicants and staff with salary questions and concerns.
- Responsible for ensuring license and certificate compliance of staff upon hire; maintain and update as changes occur for all staff.
- Through annual staffing needs assessment processes and regular meetings, gather data, lead teacher workforce planning and vacancy projections, and identify recruitment and selection strategies that best meet principals’ needs. Maintain staffing documentation to ensure FTE allocations remain within the budgeted amount.
- Collaborate with other members of the HR team and other key internal and external stakeholders to improve employee recruitment, selection, evaluation, and retention throughout the district.
- Use data and other metrics to help principals make data-based talent management decisions at their schools and to forecast potential talent management needs and areas of concern that should be escalated to department leadership.
- Participate on recruiting teams, conduct initial screening processes, and function as an HR lead at designated career fairs and recruiting venues. Initiate follow-up contacts with candidates and hiring managers. Complete reference checks when appropriate.
- Develop and manage complex databases; develop and run complex and accurate reports. Collect, disaggregate, and analyze data to assist the Human Resources Leadership Team in determining effectiveness of recruiting and retention processes. Make appropriate recommendations to the designated HR Administrator(s).
- Take initiative to find solutions, create more effective processes to continually improve the efficiency of position.
- Serve on committees and undertake projects related to function.
- Serve as a member of the Human Resources team of the District; perform other tasks, related duties, and special projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (strongly preferred)
- Prior HR experience (required)
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Growth mindset and love of learning
- A strong ethical base and self-awareness
- Relentless commitment to high standards for high quality execution
- Passionate with a strong sense of personal responsibility towards achieving ambitious goals
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, and drive to achieve and grow
- Humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to RVLA’s mission and the Southeast Seattle community
- Commitment to building programs from beginning to end
- Ability to multi-task and function in a high-energy environment
- Clear fingerprints & background check with Puget Sound Educational Service District
- Official College Transcripts
RVLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
Compensation and Current Roles Available:
|Title||Compensation Rate||Status||FTE Equivalent||Estimated Weekly Hours||Benefit Eligibility|
|HR Coordinator||$51,959-$68,559||FT||1.0||40 hrs||Yes|
If interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we interview and hire on a rolling basis. The start date for this position is late July 2023.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.