Rainier Prep is seeking an exceptional Operations Coordinator who wants to be part of creating an excellent school that will deliver radically different results for students who have the most obstacles to a college degree. This position requires a self-motivated, collaborative professional who has proven ability to successfully work with diverse stakeholders, create effective communication, manage technology, and develop comprehensive systems, policies, and procedures. This role is responsible for setting the tone of the management of daily school operations and business functions. We’re looking for someone with experience improving systems and processes and is able to communicate clearly to many different stakeholders. This person will thrive in a demanding and team-oriented culture. Black, Indigenous, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply!
ABOUT RAINIER PREP:
Rainier Prep is a rigorous college preparatory 5th – 8th public charter school located on the border of South Seattle and Burien, WA. We believe in the inherent capacity of every student to succeed in a college prep environment. Rainier Prep aims to achieve radically different outcomes for students who experience the most obstacles to college degrees and representation in leadership positions.
Rainier Prep opened its doors for the first time in the fall of 2015. Modeled on some of the highest performing charter schools around the country, Rainier Prep’s outstanding faculty and staff are transforming the expected educational outcomes for low income, students of color and immigrant students, committing to college and career readiness for each of our students.
Support in the management of daily school operations, business functions, and external relationships that allow faculty and staff to focus on teaching and learning. The roles and responsibilities listed here represent the current scope of the role within our organization. These responsibilities and duties are likely to be changed or added throughout employment. The Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations.
Daily School Operations
- Monitor procedures–such as arrival, breakfast, lunch, recess, and dismissal–to ensure they run smoothly, efficiently, and on-time while also soliciting feedback from other members of community to make improvements
- Assist school staff in a variety of tasks related to the safety of our school community (e.g. Temperature screenings upon staff/student arrival, preparing school building for staff/student arrival (ex. Turn on air filters and fans in the classroom, etc.
- Maintain school aesthetics at a high level based on Rainier Prep standards through close work with the custodian, staff, and students on a daily basis
- Manage food services to ensure on-time meals, availability for field trips, and compliance with federal food regulations, including sanitation standards, student lunch eligibility, and point-of-service tracking
- Implement the logistical procedures to facilitate school events for internal and external participants, including students, staff, and families
- Manage school technology needs and track inventory while also developing systems to support repairs
- Assist sick children and coordinate basic medical needs of students
- Provide information and training to staff and students on Operations procedures and policies, as needed
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor
- Establish, develop, and maintain trusting relationships with students, families, staff, vendors, and community partners
- Supervise Kitchen Coordinator role, provide training and coaching specific to each staffer’s individual responsibilities
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, including custodians, school food provider, bus company, and other external partners
- Submit compliance reporting to local, state, and federal entities
- Proactively assess and address facility issues or challenges
- Oversee and renew meal program application
- Support in the collection, and ongoing maintenance of all student records and files, using various tools such as Excel, Google, CEDARS (State Student Information System), and Synergy (our Student Information System)
- Manage online platforms and ensure seamless integration and implementation of online services
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong technology skills, ability to adapt quickly and learn new technology, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to create, implement, and maintain systems for operational excellence and incorporate various perspectives when creating or improving a system and/or training other staff to use it
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with adults and students from diverse backgrounds
- Detail-oriented team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Fluent in Somali, Amharic, Spanish or Vietnamese
- Experience planning, implementing, and refining large-scale events, projects, or programs
- Experience in startup, especially non-profit
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Typical Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits such as time off during school vacations/holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, and retirement will be included with full-time employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT:
Rainier Prep is an equal opportunity employer, and thus affords equal employment and advancement opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification that is protected under applicable local, state or federal law.
Rainier Prep will provide equal educational opportunity and treatment for all students in all aspects of the academic and activities program without discrimination based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Rainier Prep will provide equal access to school facilities to the Boy Scouts of America and all other designated youth groups listed in Title 36 of the United States Code as a patriotic society. Rainier Prep programs will be free from sexual harassment. Auxiliary aids and services will be provided upon request to individuals with disabilities. The below listed compliance officers have been elected to handle questions, comments, and complaints of alleged discrimination. They are available at 10211 12th Ave S. Seattle, WA 98168 or by phone at (206) 494-5979
- Title IX Coordinator: Kamille Dye, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Mash Makhlyagina, Learning Specialist, email@example.com
- Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: Kamille Dye, firstname.lastname@example.org