Rainier Prep is seeking an exceptional Operations Coordinator who wants to be part of an excellent school that delivers radically different results for students who have the most obstacles to a college degree. This position requires a self-motivated, collaborative professional who has proven ability to successfully work with diverse stakeholders, provide eﬀective communication, manage technology, and maintain comprehensive systems, policies, and procedures. This role is responsible for setting the tone of daily office operations. We’re looking for someone with experience maintaining systems and processes who is able to communicate clearly to many diﬀerent stakeholders. This person will thrive in a demanding and team-oriented culture. Black, Indigenous, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply!
ABOUT RAINIER PREP:
Rainier Prep is a rigorous college preparatory 5th – 8th public charter school located on the border of South Seattle and Burien, WA. We believe in the inherent capacity of every student to succeed in a college prep environment. Rainier Prep aims to achieve radically diﬀerent outcomes for students who experience the most obstacles to college degrees and representation in leadership positions. Rainier Prep opened its doors for the ﬁrst time in the fall of 2015. Modeled on some of the highest performing charter schools around the country, Rainier Prep’s outstanding faculty and staﬀ are transforming the expected educational outcomes for low income, students of color and immigrant students, committing to college and career readiness for each of our students.
Support in the management of daily school operations and internal and external relationships that allow faculty and staﬀ to focus on teaching and learning. The roles and responsibilities listed here represent the current scope of the role within our organization. These responsibilities and duties are likely to be changed or added throughout employment. The Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations.
- Establish, develop, and maintain trusting relationships with students, families, staﬀ, vendors, and community partners
- Manage main office communication, answer phones, take messages, manage school inboxes and direct communications to appropriate staff based on topic via a variety of programs and platforms.
- Engage with staﬀ meetings and trainings as required by supervisor
Daily School Operations
- Participate in daily school procedures–such as arrival, breakfast, lunch, recess, and dismissal–to ensure they run safely and smoothly, and on-time
- Perform general office work such as: maintaining physical and electronic documents and mail, copying, and relaying prompt communication (verbal, written, and electronic) in a timely manner, stocking supplies
- Collaborate with all staff to maintain school aesthetics at a high level
- Participate in school food service to ensure on-time meals and appropriate compliance with federal food regulations, sanitation standards, student lunch eligibility, and point-of-service tracking
- Assist sick or injured children and coordinate basic medical needs of students in accordance with Rainier Prep policies and trainings
- Provide information and training to staﬀ and students on Operations procedures and policies, as needed
Student Files Management
- Manage attendance and partner with staff to ensure accurate data, attend weekly attendance meetings, collaborate with others to ensure student success and appropriate family communication
- Support in the collection, and ongoing maintenance of all student records and ﬁles, using various tools such as Excel, Google, CEDARS (State Student Information System), and Synergy (our Student Information System)
- Fluent in Spanish
- Strong technology skills, ability to adapt quickly and learn new technology, and proﬁciency in Google and Microsoft (Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to implement and maintain systems for operational excellence
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with adults and students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires a strong attention to detail and strong organization and communication skills
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as determined by the school event calendar
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The demands and environment here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while successfully performing the essential functions of this role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to handle, and feel, reach with arms and hands and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly work in an indoor office environment with a video display, frequently in a school hallway and in a commercial kitchen during lunch service
- Noise level in the environment is typically moderate to high
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a school or educational setting
- Experience in startup, especially non-proﬁt
JOB TYPE: Hourly, Typical Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30AM-1:00PM
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Starting hourly salary range $23.40-$26.00, commensurate with qualiﬁcations and experience.
- PTO and Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Life Insurance, FSA and DCAP beneﬁts are provided through the WA School Employees Benefit Board for eligible employees.
- Rainier Prep participates in WA State’s Retirement Systems (DRS) on behalf of eligible employees.
- Ongoing Training and Learning
Go to www.rainierprep.org/careers and click “apply here” to begin the application process. Then email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Operations Coordinator in the subject line. Rainier Prep will invite selected candidates for interviews. The selection process will continue until the position is ﬁlled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment and certiﬁcation veriﬁcation, ﬁngerprinting, etc.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT:
Rainier Prep is an equal opportunity employer, and thus aﬀords equal employment and advancement opportunity to all qualiﬁed individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other classiﬁcation that is protected under applicable local, state or federal law.
Rainier Prep will provide equal educational opportunity and treatment for all students in all aspects of the academic and activities program without discrimination based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Rainier Prep will provide equal access to school facilities to the Boy Scouts of America and all other designated youth groups listed in Title 36 of the United States Code as a patriotic society. Rainier Prep programs will be free from sexual harassment. Auxiliary aids and services will be provided upon request to individuals with disabilities. The below listed compliance oﬃcers have been elected to handle questions, comments, and complaints of alleged discrimination. They are available at 10211 12th Ave S. Seattle, WA 98168 or by phone at (206) 494-5979
- Title IX Coordinator: Kamille Dye, Director of Finance & Operations
- Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Morgan Fernandez, School Principal
- Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: Kamille Dye, Director of Finance & Operations