School Culture Aide
Reports to: Dean of Culture
Job Status: Full Time/Exempt
Year Round Employee
Start Date: August 2023
Location: Seattle, WA
ABOUT RAINIER VALLEY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY:
Rainier Valley Leadership Academy is a public, tuition-free, charter school, providing an anti-racist collaborative community and rigorous education, while providing access to civic leadership and college success for all scholars in Seattle. RVLA will serve grades 6-12 in the Seattle Community. We respect and celebrate the wealth and vitality of the ethnic and cultural traditions that thrive in our neighborhood. Our mission is to put every child on the path to success in college and career, leadership, and life.
We integrate college and career-ready and hands-on instruction to expose all scholars to a variety of authentic experiences. Our teachers use data driven collection to meet scholar needs and differentiation. We use common planning time and collaborative team time to analyze data to inform instruction. We provide a teacher mentor for every scholar, and focus on personalized learning.
RVLA boasts a highly-qualified and diverse faculty and staff that not only have excellent educational credentials, but also bring to the school community many years of dedication to scholar success and passion for our mission. Our small school community allows adults to know each other and every scholar by name, strength and need. We pride ourselves on building and maintaining close relationships with each other, our community, scholars and families.
We are seeking a mission aligned School Culture Aide to join the growing team at Rainier Valley Leadership Academy to serve scholars in grades 6-12. Our ideal candidate is scholar focused and utilizes innovative, data driven, anti-racist instructional practices to engage, connect and build relationships with scholars and their families to foster educational success. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about having a long term commitment to joining the RVLA community and wants to help build a community-centered school driven to dismantle systemic oppression through the unit of the school. School Culture Aides are responsible for providing support and capacity in behavioral support for scholars.. The duties include addressing behavior management safety needs, supporting emotional and social needs, giving academic support, and implementing behavioral improvement plans. We are looking for someone to have fun with our scholars, while still promoting accountability and encouragement to build college and career going culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure consistent and fair administration of school policies regarding scholar conduct and discipline
- Support teachers and scholars in sustaining schoolwide and classroom management systems that ensure a focus on learning and scholar success;
- Support scholar supports and interventions including (behavior plans)
- Learn, lead and facilitate peer restorative practices (1:1, small group mediation)
- Maintain systems for collecting and tracking data on school culture metrics, including discipline and attendance
- Serve as a liaison to parents and support events for parent education and involvement in support of school culture policies
- Work with School Culture Team and play an active role in coordinating school partnerships;
- Organize school events that encourage community connection to and investment in the school culture and scholar success.
- May be assigned to the hallway, classroom, lunchroom, library, before or after school academic programs, or office.
- Effectively support scholars in their content area as prescribed by college-ready, state, and RVLA academic content standards
- Support a mentor group focused on social/emotional skill-building, college and career
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in and outside the classroom
- Collaborate to set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive scholar behavior success
- Attend faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence
- Work with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve scholar issues
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all scholars
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- Special projects and duties outside of primary responsibility as assigned.
- Participate in other events aimed at promoting or developing Rainier Valley Leadership Academy (i.e., scholar recruitment)
This employer strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate Degree preferred or WA State Paraprofessional Certification
- Fun, positive attitude and the ability to laugh often
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Growth mindset and love of learning
- A strong ethical base and self-awareness
- Relentless commitment to high standards for high quality execution
- Passionate with a strong sense of personal responsibility towards achieving ambitious goals
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, and drive to achieve and grow
- Humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to RVLA’s mission and the Southeast Seattle community
- Commitment to building programs from beginning to end
- Ability to multi-task and function in a high-energy environment
- Clear Fingerprints and Background check with Puget Sound Educational Service District
- Official College Transcripts
RVLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
Compensation and current Roles Available:
|Title||Compensation Rate||Status||FTE Equivalent||Estimated Weekly Hours||Benefit Eligibility|
|School Culture Aide||$25.61-$27.17/Hr||FT||1.0||40 hrs||Yes|
If interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we interview and hire on a rolling basis. The start date for this position is late August 2023.Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.