WA Charters believes that leaders and educators are the cornerstone to effective schools. Our leaders work in partnership with communities to design high-quality school models in order to dramatically impact the lives of children, families and communities in Washington. We build partnerships with universities, school districts, charter management organizations, other nonprofits and education experts to fuel Washington’s first charter public schools and the broader public education system.
Interested in Founding a Charter Public school?
Not sure where or how to start? Check out the resources below:
- Watch our Charter Starter Webinar Series, linked below, to learn about essential topics in Washington school start-up.
- Review the Washington State Charter School Commission’s website for the latest application timelines and materials.
- Learn about the WA Charters School Leadership Program, a two-year incubation support program that guides teams through application writing and a planning year before opening their doors.
- Apply to the WA Charters School Leadership Program. The deadline to apply to participate in our next cohort is May 1, 2017.
- For more information, contact email@example.com.
- 100% of submitted applications supported by the Leadership Center have designed schools to serve historically impacted communities with models based on proven practices.
- 100% of submitted applications supported by the Leadership Center have been authorized to open.
Charter Starter Webinar Series
Explore WA Charters’ webinar series on topics critical to any potential charter starter.
|1: Developing Your School’s Mission and Values||View webinar here.|
|2: Building a Strong School, Staff and Student Culture||View webinar here.|
|3: The Critical Role of Governance||View webinar here.|
|4: Designing a High-Quality Academic Model||View webinar here.|
|5: Finance and Fundraising Fundamentals||View webinar here.|
|6: Facilities Fundamentals||View webinar here.|